Render with Premiere Pro vs. Adobe Media Encoder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 18th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Render with Premiere Pro vs. Adobe Media Encoder

I always know its quicker to export from premiere directly without using AME. Never thought it actually won't render right with AME.

Old June 19th, 2013, 06:45 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Render with Premiere Pro vs. Adobe Media Encoder

While I cannot argue with the results you are getting with AME in that project, I have seen the same quirks with Premiere direct exports that I have resolved using AME instead. I am not saying that should be that way, but I use AME 90% of the time anymore and have no issues. So I doubt that AME is just plain broken. There is just something about the project that you have created that it doesn't like.

Hope you resolve your issues and can see that AME isn't that bad all the time.

Good Luck.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Marty, thanks for your comment. The problem was solved by exporting directly from premiere. I think it has something to do with adobe dynamic link. Its good on paper but doesn't quite execute well. I also have audio out of sync when exporting trought ame.

One thing I know for sure is it takes longer time to export through AME. When I do Same Day Edit at wedding, I always export from premiere direct. Its faster and less problematic.
Old June 21st, 2013, 11:38 PM   #4
Trustee

I always thought PPro Export and AME used the same render engines, essentially all of the same software for transcode and export.
Is that not correct??
Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:11 AM   #5
Trustee

In theory they use the same engine but I have found glitches that appear on one sometimes are not there on the other. Both ways
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:37 AM   #6
Inner Circle

I think the problem is associated with the Dynamic Link between adobe apps.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 11:59 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Young View Post
I always thought PPro Export and AME used the same render engines, essentially all of the same software for transcode and export.
Is that not correct??
Not quite, no.

If you have Hardware Mercury Playback Engine enabled then PPro will use the GPU to render where possible (so some codecs, like H264, but not MPEG2) whereas AMP never uses GPU for anything.

So, depending on your output format, and your GPU power, direct export from PPro using hardware MPE can be a factor of many times faster.
Mark Morreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 09:14 AM   #8
Major Player

I was under the impression that when Pr is directly rendering a product, that you can't use Pr. Was I wrong on that? That means to me that I render out to AME, and let it do the work, and go back to working in Pr. Did I miss something?
Al Bergstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 09:31 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Not really. When rendering at AME, once you start playback timeline in premiere at the same time, Ame will pause automatically. Then, when stop playing back at timeline , AME will resume. It happened to me a few times, after several pause and continue at AME, it screws up the output when rendering complex project.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite