DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere Pro CS6 Preview/Rendering Issue (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/517435-premiere-pro-cs6-preview-rendering-issue.html)

Daniel Gast June 28th, 2013 01:21 AM

Premiere Pro CS6 Preview/Rendering Issue

Hey there, I store all my footage on an external hardrive. When I first copy it to the drive, edit, and render files, it all works flawlessly. However, if I exit Premiere and re-open it, without ever removing the external USB hardrive...from time to time, the files get stuck in "Media Pending" mode. The audio always loads perfectly.

Assuming this was simply a Preview issue (as suggested by other forums) I simply rendered out the file as needed. I ended up with an entirely black video with only Premiere title overlays and audio. One single 4-second clip showed correctly.

I tried the whole process again, let Premiere sit open for a long time, and finally it seems to scrub and preview correctly on the timeline. I render the file again, but get an identical result - a completely black render except for audio, titles, and that same 4-second clip. But this time it previewed correctly!

I'm quite annoyed, and the "Media Pending" issue has been plaguing me for a week now. Any and all suggestions are quite welcome!

Andy Wilkinson June 28th, 2013 01:24 AM

Re: Premiere Pro CS6 Preview/Rendering Issue

Maybe let people know what type of connection you are using to that external HDD? - I hope it's not USB2... FW800 or faster like eSATA would be better!

Also, what type of media are you editing with?

Some basic info about your PC/Mac would help people diagnose your problem too. Amount of RAM etc.

Daniel Gast June 28th, 2013 02:13 AM

I'm afraid it is USB 2.0. The media is captured from screen capture software called Bandicam on my PC. The PC is

Core2Quad 2.6 GHz
4 GB of RAM
64-bit Windows 8 OS

I'm aware of the USB2.0 slower-than-desired issue, but I have no better alternative at the moment. And, as I said, upon initial capture of the footage, saved straight to the external HD, it edits and renders perfectly. It's only upon revisiting the projects that these issues have occurred.

If it helps, I'm working in "almost 720p" (minus the frame size for the window...may recalculate this someday...) at 30fps.

Harm Millaard July 1st, 2013 03:08 AM

Dan,

Number of issues here.

1. Slow CPU
2. Very limited memory
3. Very slow UBS2 external
4. Unknown video card
5. Unknown internal disk setup
6. Bandicam source material

First make sure you have the latest video card drivers installed.
Second, consider using a different screen capture utility than Bandicam, for instance Camtasia.

Either step may - temporarily - help reduce your problems, but the bottom line is that your system is at or even below borderline for such editing. As it stands, your system will be slower than molasses in winter. The very limited memory means that there is a lot of swapping to pagefile, which is an additional burden on your C: drive and slows down responsiveness.