Playlists in Encore CS6 does not work anymore at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 14th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Playlists in Encore CS6 does not work anymore

After upgrading my former license to CS6 I just wanted to repeat, what I did dozends times before - and it is not working anymore. I've spent several hours on internet research but do not find an answer - moreover I do not find any comments on a similar problem.

Let's speak about playlists. Not chapter playlist, but normal playlists. They are easy: just create one from scratch and populate it with timelines or mark several timelines in the project tab and choose "New -> Playlist", name it - et voila: the playlist with several timelines within is ready. You should choose an end action for the playlist itself - that's it.

BUT, the timelines all execute its own end actions, so eg. return to the appropreate menu or do other things - always executing its own end action, but not continuing playing the next timeline in the playlist.

One more comment: when creating an empty playlist within Encore, its even faulty in preview of Encore, so executing the timlines end action, not continuing to play next timeline. If creating a playlist while marking several timelines for auto-population the preview works fine in Encore, but on PC and standalone players it does not work. This may not be reproducable, I did so many tests today, but I saw it.

I know, preview in Encore is ****, but maybe its an hint. Of course my Encore is up to date, newest version, I burn - as always - with ImgBurn on perfect Verbatim DVD-R only and check on Win-PC, eg, with VLC, on a Panasonic Blu-ray player and an old Sony DVD payer. All the same, the playlist does not override the timelines end action.

Of course I will try to have the end action of the single timeline pointing to next timeline and will use "override" for the movie selection menu - but playlists were invented to just avoid that... Adobe's help for CS6 just write how it worked in earlier times.

Any hints on this, please? Am I doing something wrong?
Are playlists working for you in CS6 as they should? Did you test it - all looks fine so far, if not playing to the end...?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Markus Klatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Playlists in Encore CS6 does not work anymore

For Blu-ray discs it works totally normal, for DVDs I still have problems. Will try it further...

Last edited by Markus Klatt; July 17th, 2013 at 04:32 AM.
Markus Klatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 04:34 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Playlists in Encore CS6 does not work anymore

I have noticed some similar errors, but more random. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't.
Usually end action after timeline nr 2 or 3 is messed up.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite