Premiere pro CC question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 1st, 2013, 03:07 PM   #1
New Boot

Premiere pro CC question

I'm trying to force myself to learn this program since a lot of the good plugins are only for PP.. My issue is AVCHD files, I can't move anything to the timeline, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what.

I can preview the clips but that's about it.

Ok I asked on Adobe and it's because I did not make a sequence, but now I'm having a issue with audio.. I want to add a mp3 to the audio however I can add it but I don't hear anything and this includes overriding the camcorder audio clip as well.

Last edited by Michael Lewis; November 1st, 2013 at 06:37 PM.
Michael Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Premiere pro CC question

What did you record in ? Dolby? change the settings under preferences to match your recording set or change to what is installed and it should work
Dan Herrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:21 PM   #3
New Boot

I'm talking about adding a MP3 to the timeline.. I never got it to work so I just converted it from MP3 to WAV and I got it working now.

I remember this issue in the early days of Premiere never thought it would still be a issue.

Another thing is I need to find a better title maker.

Last edited by Michael Lewis; November 1st, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old November 1st, 2013, 09:35 PM   #4
Trustee

This may be a little tardy, I inadvertently posted to the wrong thread, however, maybe some help:

try this link for some information:
http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/...hes-avchd.html

AVCHD has a lot of bits and pieces, you need to be sure you are importing properly. You can also set your new sequence up to AVCHD, although if the first clip you put on the timeline doesn't match the existing sequence setting you will be given an opportunity for PP to change the settings for you. One tip is to use the Media Browser to import your avchd clips, as it will find and assemble the various parts for you.

PS: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/...ing-files.html PPro supports mp3 files. Perhaps there is an issue with the audio codec with which the ones you have imported were made.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 09:38 PM   #5
New Boot

Well turns out for me the clips were fine.. I just needed to add a new sequence, I must of missed that when opening the program.

right now it's converting with about 3 hr and 50 min left for a 10 min clip, I haven't used Premiere pro in like 10 years.
Old November 1st, 2013, 09:46 PM   #6
Trustee

The on-line help (you connect automatically when you call up the help file, if you are on-line) is very useful, and you can download the help files for PPro and all the other apps as pdf files if you want to keep them handy. There is good, and free, training from adobe.tv. Maybe better than trial and error....!
Old November 1st, 2013, 09:47 PM   #7
New Boot

yeah I know adobe is good with the online help, I will have to look at that training video!

btw do you know of a good title plugin?
Old November 1st, 2013, 10:00 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lewis View Post
btw do you know of a good title plugin?
After Effects ;)

I hate AVCHD although clients have routinely handed me AVCHD content in the past. As long as you maintain the entire folder structure, you should be able to import it in one shot without any need for transcoding. However, if you like to work with a unified file format obviously transcoding will help that bit.
Old November 1st, 2013, 10:03 PM   #9
Trustee

Might have a look at this: Boris Graffiti: Integrated Broadcast-Quality 2D and 3D Titling Effects

disclaimer: I haven't needed it as anything "fancy" I can try to do in After Effects and the PPro title function works well enough for the simple things I have done. However, Boris is well known for the quality of it's products.
Old November 1st, 2013, 10:05 PM   #10
New Boot

I tried using after effects but I never found what I was looking for so I just made the simple title in premiere.

Once this render is done I will give it another go.
Old November 1st, 2013, 10:08 PM   #11
Trustee

After Effects is a steep learning curve but there is little it can't do. Lots more than I know about. The Boris Graffiti app is a lot lower hurdle from what I hear.
Old November 1st, 2013, 10:22 PM   #12
Major Player

Michael, I have no idea what kind of AVCHD camera you are using or the computer setup you are running, but I have an i7, 16 GBs RAM and plenty of hard disk storage, I routinely import AVCHD to it and it never takes 3 hours for 10 minutes. Usually seconds. You might consider giving us a run down of your system, and the kind of AVCHD (camera) you are working with. This really has nothing to do with Adobe IMHO. It's likely some shortcoming of your system, or ?
Al Bergstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 10:32 PM   #13
New Boot

Well Al I have a few effects in the video so I knew it was not going to be a instant encode.

My system I'm on now is really meant for another purpose (live TV) so until next month I'm stuck on a system with 8GB of memory and a Intel G530 CPU and a 500GB hard drive, once I do put the system where it belongs I will be building a proper system.

I assume it's slow because I added color correction and unsharp mask?

Oh and the camera is a JVC GZ-HD30
Old November 2nd, 2013, 02:33 AM   #14
Regular Crew

For simple titles I just use the PPro titler, but most of the time I make them in Photoshop. I have dabbled in After Effects but still learning about all of the great things it can do. There are several text presets that can be dropped on your text and look great as is, but can also be tweaked to fit your needs.
The PPro Titler is great for scrolling credits though.
Kevin Currie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2013, 06:26 AM   #15
New Boot

Well that did not take long for Youtube sending a email about commercial use rights which I'm guessing it's because of the music.. I used Digital Juice's staxx trax for the music.
Michael Lewis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite