Vertical white line at end of sequence at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 7th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Vertical white line at end of sequence

Just so others don't waste an hour or two like I did chasing a problem that doesn't actually exist be aware that with the latest Premiere Pro CC update (that I installed yesterday) that a new feature is introduced that marks the last frame of a sequence with a vertical white line & only 7/8 of the frame is visible while the last 1/8 of the frame is black. I tried cutting the clip in various places, stretching, fading into a black slug etc but always the white vertical line was there. It turns out that it's intentional as it's an overlay to mark the last frame of a sequence.

I just heard from two colleagues who also wasted time chasing up this non-existent problem. I wonder how many thousands of hours of time will be wasted by video editors trying to fix this new feature from Adobe?
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Vertical white line at end of sequence

I'm glad it's just not me then. I thought it was a bug!
Old November 7th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Tourist

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I too spent a lot of time fretting with this mysterious white line! Don't really like it but I can live with it as long as I know what it is.
Corey Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Media Composer does the same thing. It shows an overlay when you are parked at the beginning or end of a clip or the timeline.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite