Simple, Ignorant Adobe Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 23rd, 2014, 08:24 PM   #1
Major Player

Simple, Ignorant Adobe Question

I just ordered Adobe Premiere Elements 12. Can I use Adobe After Effects with it?

Thanks.
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 08:35 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Simple, Ignorant Adobe Question

You won't be able to Dynamic Link, but you can use After Effects by rendering out to intermediates whatever you need, such as ProRes, DNxHD, QuickTime Animation, or Lagarith,
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 09:00 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks!! Much appreciated.
Old April 24th, 2014, 07:22 AM   #4
Major Player

By the way, I'm curious how many people here opt for Adobe Elements rather than the Pro edition. And in this regard what plug-ins do they use?
Old June 2nd, 2016, 09:30 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I used Adobe Premiere Elements 1.0 (yes, ONE) to make a documentary a few years ago. I was surprised at the features of a program that was essentially at the bottom-rung of a product. You can even use green-screen effects in Version 1.0. So your version 12 must be just great.

I used Mercalli software (to steady footage I'd taken from an airplane) and Neat video to clean up some 'noise'.

I've since switched to Final Cut Express on the Mac and was surprised that FC Express doesn't have a couple of features that Elements has, notably, being able to burn a finished DVD right there within the program. It has actually been annoying to have to export the movie from Final Cut, then go to iDVD and manufacture it from there. I do not prefer that way, to be honest.

Anyway, back to your question about plugins. The two I used worked very well for me in Elements.

Mercalli (by ProDad)
Neat Video
Helen Habib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2016, 01:34 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
You won't be able to Dynamic Link, but you can use After Effects by rendering out to intermediates whatever you need, such as ProRes, DNxHD, QuickTime Animation, or Lagarith,
One needs to keep it simple: lagarith or animation.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite