Deflicker software for real time video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 10th, 2014, 10:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Deflicker software for real time video

I am looking for feedback and suggestions on using deflicker software on real time video. I am currently looking at Revisions deflicker and the Granite Bay's free flicker. Has anyone used either, and if so, what would be your opinion? Also if you know of different and affordable alternative, please post your comments.

Any and all comments appreciated.

Thank you.

Andrew
Andrew Gough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 02:17 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Deflicker software for real time video

I’ve never used RE:Vision Effects DE:Flicker but I have used GBDeflicker 2 stand-alone application to remove flicker from time-lapse sequences. It worked very well but only worked on image sequences, not video files. I recommend you download the free trial of the GBDeflicker 3 plug-in for AE and Premier versions CC or CS6 which does work with video files. It is fully functional with a watermark. If it works for your application a license will save you considerably over DE:Flicker. ($99 vs. $250) If you try it please report your results here. I plan to eventually upgrade to GBDeflicker 3 to use with my high frame rate video as well.
Mike Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 08:57 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Deflicker software for real time video

Thanks Mike, I'll check it out. I don't really need a deflicker for time-lapse because we use LRtimelapse for those sequences. But I have some flicker in some DSLR footage shot handheld indoors that is a result of aperture/iso changes.

I was leaning towards deflicker because we are looking at twistor as well.

Andrew
Andrew Gough is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite