DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Encore DVD playing too fast? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/524382-adobe-encore-dvd-playing-too-fast.html)

James Stevens August 4th, 2014 05:56 AM

Adobe Encore DVD playing too fast?

Hi there, I am having a hard time with a DVD I am authoring in Encore cs6. When I play back the DVD, it seems as though the frame rate is slightly too high, everything has a slightly sped up feel (not in the audio, just in the motion)

I am exporting from Premiere CS6 using the MPEG2-DVD presets, everything set to match source attributes. The footage is 25fps progressive, and that is how the file is exported. When I import it into Encore it also says it is 25fps, and the export settings are all set to that too. I export my file in such a way that Encore doesnt have to re-transcode it, because that makes my exports look terrible as something in the transcoding settings seem to take it from progressive to interlaced, so Encore shouldnt be doing any re-encoding on the file.

A couple of oddities I have noticed, however, are that if my project is say, 14 minutes long in Premiere, when I export the files, the m2v will be 14 minutes, but the accompanying .wav file is 19 minutes or more. This happens for all my projects, not just this one, although I never noticed it before. I also found that if I play back my video file in Windows Media Player, its a good minute or two shorter than the file in Premiere. If I re-import the MPEG file into Premiere and overlay on top of my original footage, its perfectly in sync, so the exported file is at the correct frame rate, so I am assuming something is screwing up at Encore level...? Any ideas?? Thanks guys!

Jeff Pulera August 4th, 2014 08:13 AM

Re: Adobe Encore DVD playing too fast?

Hi James,

Very bizarre. First step would be to make certain that the Premiere Sequence matches the source footage you are editing. Then when exporting, don't use "Match Attributes" - rather, choose an appropriate PAL Progressive preset for "MPEG-2 DVD".

Thank you

James Stevens August 4th, 2014 08:59 AM

When I create a new project I always create the timeline directly from the clip so the settings should be perfect. I make DVDs quite often using the same settings and never noticed this speed issue before. Another oddity I noticed is that when exporting to the MPEG2_DVD preset, there are black bars on the left and right of the image, it doesnt fill the frame perfectly like it does when I export to a mp4 file, dont know if that has anything to do with anything..?

Ann Bens August 5th, 2014 03:55 PM

DVD widescreen is not perfect 16:9, hence the black bars.
You can make them disappear by selecting fill to fill in the output tab of the export settings.
I would not use match source settings either but a preset instead.