Problem importing with Premiere CS6 CC...Annoying! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 10th, 2014, 06:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem importing with Premiere CS6 CC...Annoying!

I have been using premiere cs6 through creative cloud for a couple years now on my 2012 27" iMac with 20gb of ram and 3.4ghz i7 processor. I shoot with a canon xf100 and 2 canon dslr's. When I import my footage into premiere using the File>import method it creates duplicates the clips, sometimes tripling them. Not only that but they are all out of order and random. So i started using the media browser and importing them in the list view instead of the icon view, this kept the clips all in order and with no duplicates. That was great until last week when premiere decided it should crash every time I import (xf or dslr footage, it doesnt matter) premiere full out crashes saying it has "encountered an error and must shut down". I cant figure out why!? I tried updating and that hasnt helped at all. Googled it, still nothing. Any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Derek Neustaeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2014, 02:36 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Problem importing with Premiere CS6 CC...Annoying!

Trash your preferences and empty your media cache.
See if that will help.
Old August 17th, 2014, 07:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Problem importing with Premiere CS6 CC...Annoying!

Found a very stupid solution to this problem. In the media browser if i select all the files by clicking and dragging instead of cmd+a everything imports fine. Weird!
Derek Neustaeter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite