DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere Pro Help keeps popping up (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/526871-adobe-premiere-pro-help-keeps-popping-up.html)

Ajai Thirumalai February 14th, 2015 01:20 PM

Adobe Premiere Pro Help keeps popping up

Help! I am going nuts!!

I have Adobe CS6, and am using Premiere Pro (version 6.0.5 - MC 264587) to edit.

I have never had this happen over the past 2 years, but all of a sudden, for the past 2 days, I am getting multiple - usually 3 - Adobe Premiere Pro Help windows to pop up in my browser (Firefox). Ad infinitum with every key stroke or mouse click!

This happens when I am using the space bar to play/stop my timeline, or the "+" key to zoom in, or any of the other keys. Sometimes, it also happens when I click on the Premiere icon in my task bar, when I attempt to get back to editing from the pop-up!

I can close all the browser windows, and sometimes it helps, and sometimes not. The problem comes and goes without any rhyme or reason in the course of a few minutes, so I can't work!

I am up to date with CS6. I use a shuttle, and have a couple of external HDDs. FWIW, my PC has 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, and a hex-core i7 processor running Win 8.1.

Searching the web indicates similar problems a year + ago, that should have been fixed in the updates eons ago.

I am not sure why it started, but any help is much appreciated!

Regards,

ajai

Gary Huff February 14th, 2015 04:36 PM

Re: Adobe Premiere Pro Help keeps popping up

Try unplugging your keyboard and navigate just using the mouse and see if the popups keep happening.

Ajai Thirumalai February 14th, 2015 06:48 PM

Gary,

You da man! That did the trick!

Since I use a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse, I removed the batteries from the keyboard, and did some editing for 5 minutes or so with just the mouse and shuttle, (talk about sensory deprivation !) by which time the gremlin should have struck. Nothing.

Sooo, I decided to put the batteries back into the keyboard, and continue using the keyboard, mouse and shuttle. Voila, still no problem!!

The keyboard batteries measured 1.5 V, and are supposed to last a few years, so I am not sure where things got scrambled.

Perhaps removing and reinserting the batteries reset/rebooted the microcontroller within the keyboard?

I am curious to learn what made you suspect the keyboard.

Anyhow, I owe you big time!

Now to hunker down and get back to work while we get socked with another foot of snow in New England...

Thanks again!

ajai

Gary Huff February 16th, 2015 04:06 PM

Glad that fixed your problem! I suspected that because a similar issue I have had in the past, namely that every time I would left-click the mouse the right-click context menu kept appearing, has, so far, been 100% the cause of a book or a piece of gear or something next to the keyboard laying on the control key. :-D

So I have experience in these matters, you might say.

Ajai Thirumalai February 16th, 2015 07:00 PM

I didn't have anything pressing any key on my keyboard, but I did turn off the sticky-key feature FWIW, but that did not help.

The only other thing I had done was replace one of the two external HDDs with a different one - which must be unrelated - but the problem began right after that!

I am not sure why power-cycling the wireless keyboard (by taking out the batteries) made a difference, but both the mouse and kbd talk through the same dongle. At one point, all hell would break loose just by moving the mouse!

Thanks again.

Gary Huff February 16th, 2015 07:01 PM

I'm not saying that was what the problem was, only that something popping up that can have a key press combination that brings it up points me directly to the keyboard.

Ajai Thirumalai February 20th, 2015 08:57 AM

Good point.

The same line of thinking led me to turn off the sticky keys, but it took your prompting to take it one step further in unplugging the keyboard.

Learn something new everyday!