Premiere Pro CC Noob Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 19th, 2015, 01:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro CC Noob Question

Hi All

I want to start training in Premiere Pro and while doing so, I'll be paying for the Premiere Pro standalone app on a monthly basis.

This is my question: What's included with the Premiere Pro Standalone App? Will the following be included?

1. Prelude
2. Encore
3. Media Encoder

I was going through Adobe's website and for the life of me, I could not find the answer to this question.
Antonie Koen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2015, 02:45 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Premiere Pro CC Noob Question

I'm virtually certain media encoder is there - because it's accessed via a menu item. CC does not have a version of Encore. There is not Encore CC, they gave me access to the CS6 Encore, bit of course you have to treat it as a stand alone programme, it doesn't work from within Premiere.

I can't help on prelude (to be honest, I appear to have it, but no idea what it is or what it does!). Looking at the list of stuff I'm paying for there is a huge amount of stuff I just don't use.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2015, 03:27 PM   #3
Major Player

Premiere Pro automatically comes with Media Encoder.
If I am not mistaken you will have access to Premiere Pro6 in order to obtain Encore to make DVD/BD.
No Prelude.
Old June 20th, 2015, 08:45 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for your help.

Premiere Pro and Media Encoder is my main priority but Encore and Prelude would be nice to have.
Prelude is convenient for ingesting and logging footage, helping you sort your media but I can live without it if I have to.
Antonie Koen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite