Adobe and WIN.10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 30th, 2015, 07:26 AM   #1
Major Player

Adobe and WIN.10

Anybody know if CS5 will work with WIN.10. On other forums. Microsoft seems to suggest yes and Adobe says they don't know.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2015, 08:10 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Adobe and WIN.10

It usually takes a while before a new OS is officially supported by any major NLE, you can always try though. :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2015, 09:57 AM   #3
Inner Circle

People already have - fools!!!! No dice, W10 does not seem to be working at the moment with CC2014 and 2015. Doubt CS5.5. would either.

Info on this thread (which will no doubt grow) on the official Adobe forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1913204
Old July 30th, 2015, 10:05 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I"m still on win 7 and don't see any reason why win 8 or win 10 would be an improvement, win 7 has been performing without a problem.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2015, 04:48 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Alexander View Post
Anybody know if CS5 will work with WIN.10. On other forums. Microsoft seems to suggest yes and Adobe says they don't know.
CS5 is not supported anymore. Only way to find out is to test.
CC 2105 is now compatible with W10
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-clo...ility_FAQ.html
If I were you I would hold off on W10 for a while or you might end up a beta tester.
Old July 31st, 2015, 04:36 AM   #6
Equal Opportunity Offender

I can't emphasise enough how important it is for people (wanting to make a living out of video) to check that all the drivers for their equipment (not just the NLE software) are compatible with and support the new operating system.

Amazing how the people over look this sort of thing are the ones complaining loudly later on. I've seen it too many times.

Moral of the story: you don't need the latest version of something to edit video today, just an edit set-up that solidly and reliably works. THEN you can concentrate on getting the work done.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 08:34 AM   #7
Major Player

Apparently it is
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-clo...ility_FAQ.html

Microsoft has always had a very strong developer program and especially with Adobe. Since they are not officially doing a big "rollout" day as in past generations, but sliding it into the world, as a rolling update, this first ability to download is really for people who want to experiment, developers wanting to have the final version that will be released to the public, etc. .

I do not recommend that anyone download this expecting it to go on a production machine. If you do, I highly recommend making a full image backup of your box before proceeding. I usually buy an external hard disk, and set up my machine to dual boot into either one. That way you can experiment.

Are folks aware that there already has been security updates to W10 (along with other versions of Windows) on the day of launch?!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite