Export Help - Before I throw my computer against the wall! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 9th, 2015, 11:58 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Export Help - Before I throw my computer against the wall!

How are you folks upgrading to Mavericks or Yosemite?
Once the flawed El Capitan went live, there is no way to upgrade tp Mavericks or Yosemite that I could find other than making an appt at an Apple Store and having them do it.
Apple removes all versions but their current OS from their site.
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 08:31 PM   #17
Inner Circle

I've had a local 3d party repair shop install back level versions for me so I could revive an old MacBook. In my case much older than Yosemite or Mavericks. Just a thought. My desktop systems are all Windows, notebooks are Macs, so I'm not much of an expert.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2015, 08:43 AM   #18
Major Player

Thanks Jim. Was hoping there was a online location for these past OS installations versus having to disconnect raids, monitors, etc and hauling the MacPro to a vendor.

I've followed the rule of don't fix something that isn't broken and thus have remained with a stable OS. But that rule recently failed when CC 2015 did not work any longer with Mountain Lion. I had read there were problems with various drivers and software with Yosemite so I went with Mavericks which was reported as stable. Now I am back in the same boat; El Capitan is reported as currently problematic with CC 2015 and Adobe is recommending to stay with Yosemite for now.

This is just one of the many reasons our next machines will be Windows based; for whatever reasons, Apple does not seem to play nice with nVidia Cuda and Adobe for some time now.
John Richard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite