prem pro cs6 laptop files transfer to desktop later at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 27th, 2016, 07:50 AM   #1
Trustee

prem pro cs6 laptop files transfer to desktop later

Hi guys as the title says, i have two weddings in Mexico and want to start trimming story boarding etc. Will be downloading all footage to high spec laptop to work on whilst away. When home i want to transfer all footage and projects to my desktop to carry on the work. How can i do this when prem cs6 creates the media cache and folders and when i transfer, it will ask for the footage in my desk top. Thanks, Steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2016, 08:28 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: prem pro cs6 laptop files transfer to desktop later

I do this regularly. I keep all media, cache etc on an external drive to the laptop, with the project file on the internal drive. I use a Samsung T2 500 GB for this media.

When I get home I save the project onto the Samsung, so the entire project is in one place.

I then copy the media onto my desktop media drive, the project file onto my files drive, and the cache onto my desktop cache drive. Sometimes my copied cache is found sometimes not, but Premiere simply re-creates what it needs.

When I open the project on the desktop I have to link the media. This usually only needs a handful of files pointed at, Premiere finds most for itself. Use the check box to show the named file only on the Link Media dialogue.

I use CS6 - I have no idea whether the more recent versions will do this.
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2016, 09:31 AM   #3
Trustee

Ha great Alan i was worried i had to link every single file? steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2016, 01:46 PM   #4
Major Player

If you keep them in as few folders as possible, Premiere usually finds a batch when you point it at one file.

Things like AVCHD do not help when each clip is in an individual folder!
Alan Craven is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite