Premiere CC loses connection to external monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 30th, 2016, 12:16 PM   #1
Major Player

Premiere CC loses connection to external monitor

I'm relatively new to Premiere having changed from FCP recently so bear with me!

I have a Macbook Pro running Yosemite and use an external TV monitor connected via HDMI. Everything works fine with Premiere CC until I go to the the desktop or some other application then click back on Premiere - for about a second the image re-appears on the external screen then disappears and the only way I have found to get it back without re-launching the programme is to go to system prefs on the mac and switch mirroring on and off again.

In Premiere prefs I have the default 'disable when in background' on but toggling this of / on seems to make no difference to anything - it always disables when in background (and then disappears as described above).

It really feels like a programming bug but has anyone else experienced this? It is pretty annoying as it wastes time and even worse, with Yosemite Apple removed the possibility of having mirroring options in the toolbar making my 'solution' even slower to enact.
Geoffrey Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 07:57 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Premiere CC loses connection to external monitor

One thing I have noticed - the problem only occurs if I actively hide Premiere rather than just select another window / application. Trouble there is is that at times it is impossible not to hide Premiere e.g. when accessing the desktop.
Geoffrey Cox is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite