Cleaning up audio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 22nd, 2016, 12:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Cleaning up audio

Hello everyone!

I am wondering if there is anyway to clean up the audio issue for the vows in this video:

We had a run in with the church ladies moving our h4n which was connected to our wireless lav mics. so we got the pop you hear in the audio.

We were able to do some clean up but I would love to be able to clean it up more if possible. The priest said he would be willing to let us come in and re record the audio since it was their fault but I just dont feel it would be the same.

Thanks in advance!
Travis Heberling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2016, 10:04 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Cleaning up audio

Possibly you could post a .wav file so we could download it and have a look. The problem with static is that it is similar to white noise, that is, it covers much if not all of the frequency spectrum and therefore is present in the frequencies you want to keep.

Adobe Audition, particularly the current version, has visual tools to help you identify and remove spurious noise, and might be of some help. iZotope has some highly-regarded and expensive tools that many people swear by.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2016, 12:16 AM   #3
Equal Opportunity Offender

Better still, an original wav of the component of the audio that has the static in it.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2016, 09:59 PM   #4
Trustee

What I meant, thank you for clarifying!
Old October 1st, 2016, 11:05 PM   #5

:-)

C'mon Travis, it's .wav file time!

Andrew
Old October 18th, 2016, 01:04 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I apologize for some reason I never got notified of the replies =O

I will link the wave file shortly.

Thanks so much for the willingness to help!
Old October 18th, 2016, 02:43 PM   #7
Regular Crew

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sr6p9goxd...E-002.wav?dl=0

Here it is!

I actually have been able to eliminate a majority of it there are just a few parts where the vows bleed into the static.

The only part I need starts around 40 mins. (Just the vows and ring exchange)

Thanks!
Old October 18th, 2016, 09:04 PM   #8
Trustee

Umm, that's a huge file, it wanted a 15 minute download....was thinking you could post just a brief sample of the audio shortly before the problem continuing to just after, maybe 1 minute tops....
Old October 21st, 2016, 07:57 AM   #9

Travis,

I've had a bit of a listen and the problem bits sound like either analogue wireless reception dropouts, or fluttering from low battery on the units. That part can't be fixed. Where it interferes with words, it has completely obliterated what should be there. There is nothing left that you would be removing it from.

The interesting thing is that the static unwanted noise is happening at two second intervals. Not sure why, and politely thankful that it's no my problem audio.

I've run a noise removal to clean up the background hiss/noise. You'll have to manually drop the interference between the words and simply do your best.

An hour of upload to go at the moment, but the improved file can be grabbed from https://www.dropbox.com/s/21mlpeh1j8...roved.wav?dl=0

Andrew
Old October 21st, 2016, 11:13 AM   #10
Trustee

I have experienced periodic interference like that from nearby cell phones. Apparently they call home regularly to keep in contact with the cell system. I always turned mine off before taping and asked people in my interviews to do the same. How one controls this in a wedding crowd, however.....!
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite