DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   No audio when loading AVI..In cs6 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/532809-no-audio-when-loading-avi-cs6.html)

Harry Lender September 30th, 2016 08:51 PM

No audio when loading AVI..In cs6

I'm using Premiere CS6 and I have a AVI file that loads video just fine, but no audio. Mp4 files play fine. Is there anyway to reset adobe back to orig settings and codecs.
Thanks in advance.
Harry

Battle Vaughan September 30th, 2016 09:58 PM

Re: No audio when loading AVI..In cs6

Likely you are missing an audio codec. AVI is a wrapper that can be created by a number of audio and video codecs. You might try freeware analysis tools like GSpot or MediaInfo to see what audio codec is used, and to see if it is installed on your system. Or perhaps convert the avi file to another form that uses a codec you have.

Harry Lender October 1st, 2016 07:41 AM

Thank you for your reply.
You Know now that you mention it, a few days ago I downloaded "Free Studio app" for downloading youTube videos and recording screen videos and other things, etc, ect. and was having trouble screen recording video. However no audio would play with the video. I went to their forum and they said to download and install,
"K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1060_Basic". Ever since then the AVI audio in CS6 would not work. Everything else would playback ok. I might try to uninstall the app. Hopefully it would uninstall everything associated with it. BTW the app app didn't correct the main problem so I wouldn't be missing anything.
I have tried to create a new project in CS6 and the AVI audio did work in the new Project. I was wondering if it would be possible to take the existing project, the one with the audio problem, and create a new project. Maybe that would work?? Something like Nesting to a new project??
Anyway your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks agains
Harry

Battle Vaughan October 1st, 2016 07:39 PM

I don't know that creating a new project would help if the codec you need is broken or, perhaps, replaced by the codec package you downloaded and Adobe can't find it. I have heard that those "codec packs" can cause all kinds of havoc.

One possibility to help you uncover the probem is a freeware app called Sherlock, haven't seen a new version for years but google it at a reliable download site and it will tell you what broken or missing codecs it finds. (Check this and all such downloads with a virus checker, it seems to be available from multiple sites and, well.......)

Or perhaps, if you're on Windows, roll back to a recent restore point and see if it gets rid of the problem.
Best wishes!

Ann Bens October 2nd, 2016 06:06 AM

NEVER NEVER NEVER install a codec pack. It messes up your system.
Use Mediainfo to find out what codec is used.
Then you can if necessary install the individual codec (which I doubt).

Jay Massengill October 4th, 2016 08:34 AM

All good advice above.

If you choose to convert the original file, you can use Handbrake software to convert the odd AVI to an mp4 that works for you.