Cannot get CC to sync audio clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 20th, 2017, 11:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Cannot get CC to sync audio clips

I just got my CC account loaded and running so I can use the upgrades features of Premier Pro CC. I’ve been a CS5.5 user for years. I wanted to sync audio right on my time line but of course it did not work. All the how-to videos make it looks so simple but I get a failure notice stating could not find a match.

I’m using a video clip with sound from my C100 and the actual sound I want to use from a Tascam 70D. I cannot get CC to sync the two audio tracks that are very very close in wave form. The sound clips from the Tascam are two separate tracks on CC time line, coming from my X-Y on stage mic setup, they are .wav files also. The video track from my C100 has LH and RH stereo but it comes into CC on one track, with L and R together (this is different from my experience with CS5.5).

Any suggestions? Manual sync or third party applications is not an option that totally defeats my purpose to buy into the CC process.

Thanks KPO
Kevin O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2017, 05:07 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Cannot get CC to sync audio clips

Been an Adobe user for years and never new it was supposed to sync audio!

If I get a chance I'll try it and see. When you say it won't do it - do you mean not at all, or it does it badly. I've always synced by hand.

EDIT
I just grabbed a file at random, then the audio file recorded separately = the camera audio was a bit longer than the audio file. I put this on track two under the linked audio and video of the main file. Clearly in the wrong place - sounded a total mess with both tracks playing ten seconds apart. I highlighted all three tracks, right clicked and then selected synchronise. The track two audio leapt to the right into a perfectly synced location - playing back both audio tracks at the same time was clearly in sync.

Does this not happen in yours? I might actually use this feature - quite handy.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2018, 09:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Sorry for late reply but Yes that is how it is described to work. In my absence I have had some success with sync audio tracks attached to video and not attached. I'm not sure why it does not work some times. I did try locking the primary audio track that I want other clips to sync to and that seems to make a difference. But I have done it with non locked down tracks and it still worked.

Thanks KO.
Old February 10th, 2018, 12:15 PM   #4
Regular Crew

In addition I've learned that the reason for my limited audio sync success is the file type. This is the topic of discussion in my other thread but I have only been able to sync files if they are .mov and if they are.mts recorded in a LPCM setting from the camera. I keep getting a Doby audio decoder error. on my other .mts files.

I think my Windows-7 has something to do with this error.
Old February 11th, 2018, 05:41 PM   #5
Major Player

Dolby is no longer supported on W7.
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/...f-support.html
Old February 11th, 2018, 09:37 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Wow, thank you! After all this research and forum talk you arrive with the simple answer that no one else seems to know about, and this is an old issue apparently. Thank you again, this is something I can fix.

But if you will please answer one more question. In my efforts to find the root cause I discovered that my .mts footage recorded in LPCM from my Canon C100 works fine on my Windows 7 machine running CC Premier. But when I change it to non-LPCM I get the same dropped audio issues as my other cameras.

Why does LPCM work and what is it?

Thanks for your support,
KPO
Old February 14th, 2018, 05:28 PM   #7
Major Player

Audio is not my field of expertise but afaik its the same as wave.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite