DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Four audio channels with two cameras (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/535909-four-audio-channels-two-cameras.html)

Steven Davis May 25th, 2018 08:26 AM

Four audio channels with two cameras

I'm in the process of learning premiere and trying to set up a multicam sequence with. I have two cameras, that show four speakers, and four channels of audio for the four speakers. I recorded two speakers on one camera and two on another. I was able to open my mutlicam sequence, but the audio channels are not split into four so I can switch between them as each speaker speaks. Can Premiere even switch between the audio like it does on video?

I havn't found a tutorial that shows being able to switch between the audio separately from the video.

Steven Davis May 25th, 2018 10:04 AM

Re: Four audio channels with two cameras

Never mind,

Chatted with Adobe today and apparently you CAN NOT switch audio independent of the video using the multicam in Adobe Premiere. That is stunning to me, I was going to go all in on Premiere but not if can't switch the audio independent of the video. That folks is just plain nuts. Back to FCPX for me I guess.

Steven Davis May 25th, 2018 01:14 PM

Well,

Your message

To: Adobe Customer Care
Subject: RE: Follow up regarding previous Pr case CRM:01226000001278
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 6:46:23 PM (UTC+00:00) Monrovia, Reykjavik

was deleted without being read on Friday, May 25, 2018 6:47:02 PM (UTC+00:00) Monrovia, Reykjavik.

Pete Cofrancesco May 25th, 2018 02:22 PM

I was just going to suggest fcpx. I use fcpx at home and work for someone else with Premiere. Premiere has a lot a functionality and mass appeal but as far as user interface its not very easy to use.

I think the way to deal with it in Premiere is to send the audio out to a multi track editor, Audition. Most people would record the audio separately to a mixer with multi-track recording like Soundevices Mix pre10. It can record the a master stereo mix along with each track.

Steven Davis May 26th, 2018 11:40 AM

Thanks Pete,

Yeah, my first major project for Premiere was two cameras with four different channels which represent four people speaking. The gimmicky -switch with audio with the camera- setting doesn't work because one is a wide angle and the other camera is a closeup of each speaker. What aggravates me the most is, I just spent a ton of money in equipment upgrades with the goal of using the Adobe Suite seamlessly, so I was pretty shocked when I found out Adobe can't switch audio independent of the video. So back to FCPX. I actually posted in the Adobe forum a warning of sorts for folks who are unaware of this problem. I spent three hours troubleshooting before I figured it out. lol