Batch exporting single clips from timeline at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 27th, 2018, 03:59 AM   #1
Major Player

Batch exporting single clips from timeline

I need to export only selected footage and clean it up. What I do is put all the raw footage in the timeline, one after the other, then trim clips, grade them, some will be stabilised or rotated, etc... At some point my timeline will have a sequence of perfect clips as I want them.

Now.. what is the fastest/easiest way to export them AS SINGLE CLIPS? I want all the effects on the clips to stay so I can't just drag the clips in the project window as fx will not get there. I want the clips to be separate so I can't export the whole timeline. Until now the only thing I can do is to select with IN - OUT the single clip (buy the way, seems to be a bug here because it exports the first frame of the last clip if you use the SHIFT MAGNET to find the out point) and then EXPORT -> QUEUE

Is there a faster way to batch export single clips with effects once you have them all in the timeline?
Marcello Mazzilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2018, 05:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Batch exporting single clips from timeline

I have the same question. I found this tutorial:

Tutorial : How to Batch Export Multiple Clips in Premiere Pro - Editing - Cinematography.com
Luke Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 01:52 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the reply.
I had read about the NEST system but I believe this is still too long. You have to select NEST, give a name, etc... As I am marking my resulting timeline it is ALL made of good clips so this will mean to nest ONE BY ONE every clip. There has to be a better way
Old September 1st, 2018, 08:09 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I agree that a better way is needed.

It seems the batch export function only works on sequences. The NEST function looks like it creates, in effect, a sequence containing the selected clips. My normal workflow is to import all the files and put them on the timeline in a single sequence. Now I'm thinking that I might put each file on its own sequence initially. After trimming and editing I can then batch export those sequences.
Luke Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 08:19 AM   #5
Major Player

What you want to do is similar to nesting and probably nesting is better as you can do it AFTER. I find it useful to drag ALL the footage on the timeline and clean it up in sequence. Often I might delete a scene because I have another similar one, or I might want to grade similar scenes in the same way. That is why they need to be on the same timeline. If I am editing for a job that's fine as I will continue on the timeline and output only ONE clip.. but if I am cleaning footage to export as CLIPS (for example for my Shutterstock or Fotolia footage collection) I need to export single clips (but graded, trimmed, maybe even rotated etc)... and that doesn't seem possible yet.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 05:17 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Maybe some day Adobe will add that functionality.

Unless you're particularly wedded to Premiere, this functionality has always existed in Resolve. During export simple select 'individual' clips and will do exactly that, with some extras around naming and timecode.

There are also other applications that specialize in the creation of dailies. This hasn't been exactly Premiere's home turf.
Jan Klier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 05:39 AM   #7
Major Player

Thanks that is good to know. I will try
Old September 12th, 2018, 10:40 PM   #8
Trustee

Best way I know how, pretty easey. Use the "work area bar". You may have to turn on its visibility on in the sequence menu if you cant see it in the latest CC.

Select your in and out point cuts one at a time with the "work area" bar. Hit export, select "work area" in the export window. Name the clip. Select Queue. Go back to the sequence and move the work area bar to the next cut. Each "work area" cut you put into the media encoder will export individually with the name you gave it.

Kind Regards,

Steve
Old September 12th, 2018, 11:20 PM   #9
Major Player

That is what I have been doing until now. Long and dull. Also latest versions have a small “bug” because SHIFT+Click next to the end of the clip will leave the first frame of the next clip in the work bar selection so you have to manually go back one clip every time.
Old September 12th, 2018, 11:32 PM   #10
Trustee

Leave a space between the cuts and it wont add that frame.
Old September 13th, 2018, 01:18 AM   #11
Major Player

It will add a black one
Marcello Mazzilli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite