Reinstalling Premiere Pro 2018 CC to Win 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 11th, 2018, 06:12 PM   #1
Major Player

Reinstalling Premiere Pro 2018 CC to Win 10

Need some ideas:
With the help of a computer tech, I'm planning on reloading a clean install of Windows 10. This is due to my Hard Drive has been updated over and over since 2001. I want to start over with everything fresh without any glitches in the registry. I would have to reinstall Premiere Pro CC 2018. What would be the correct way to go about doing this. I'm going to call Adobe Tech support and get their ideas. The reinstalling of PPro CC2018 is a bit more complicated. I'll be saving all my past Projects to another Hard Drive. I have 2 other Hard Drives to use for backups.
Any advice on the proper way to go about this would be appreciated. I want to make it as simple as possible
Thanks in advance.
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 06:36 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Reinstalling Premiere Pro 2018 CC to Win 10

Not complicated.

1. Assuming you have an active Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, make sure you record your user ID and password

2. After installing the clean install of Windows 10, download and install the Creative Cloud application for Windows:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

3. Launch the application using the credentials from step 1 above.

4. In the Apps tab, you should see the option to install Premiere Pro
Bill Ackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 06:59 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Also, if you have any 3rd party plug-ins, I'd download them from the developer and install them fresh. Copying from plug-in folders of a backup of your old system could be problematic for some plug-ins. So make sure you have the serial numbers/credentials to register 3rd party plug-ins.
Bill Ackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2018, 10:54 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ackerman View Post
Not complicated.

1. Assuming you have an active Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, make sure you record your user ID and password

2. After installing the clean install of Windows 10, download and install the Creative Cloud application for Windows:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

3. Launch the application using the credentials from step 1 above.

4. In the Apps tab, you should see the option to install Premiere Pro
Thank you so much for your replies and suggestions. They will help a lot. It's going to be a slow process.
Harry Lender is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite