Registration information invalid? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 24th, 2005, 02:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Registration information invalid?

Here's something to remember when getting ready to leave town. I bought the adobe video collection pro recently and no problems, until I go on the road for work and I try to open premiere. It says "registration information invalid. Please reinstall premiere pro" .... and the disc is seven states away.

This is ok if it happens in the office...not ok on the road. I spent 1500 bucks to get left high and dry.

No wonder why so many people pirate software when they have to buy it at ridiculous prices and an antipirating measure shuts them down when they are using it legally. Thanks adobe, I give you 1500 bucks and you almost cost me my job.
Rick Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 11:49 PM   #2
Major Player

did u call them??
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 04:08 AM   #3
Regular Crew

You said it brutha! The fact that Adobe has a long distance number for tech support after gouging us for software, and apparently they don't check their boards and post known fixes in the known issues section so I have to go hunting for them. They make me want to vomick!!! LMAO!!!
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 09:34 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Step
Here's something to remember when getting ready to leave town. I bought the adobe video collection pro recently and no problems, until I go on the road for work and I try to open premiere. It says "registration information invalid. Please reinstall premiere pro" .... and the disc is seven states away.

This is ok if it happens in the office...not ok on the road. I spent 1500 bucks to get left high and dry.

No wonder why so many people pirate software when they have to buy it at ridiculous prices and an antipirating measure shuts them down when they are using it legally. Thanks adobe, I give you 1500 bucks and you almost cost me my job.
This happens to me everytime that I install my system from a Ghost image, it seems to pick up on a date change or something else used to formulate the algorythm for authentication.

I thought that they had an 800 number for tech support though,
ml
Old January 9th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Their tech support is pretty flat and cyborgish. If you want someone who REALLY helps you fix the problems with their $1500 software you get to pay $160 a year for access. They were just taking notes from Microsoft.
Alec Lence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 02:29 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Lence
Their tech support is pretty flat and cyborgish. If you want someone who REALLY helps you fix the problems with their $1500 software you get to pay $160 a year for access. They were just taking notes from Microsoft.
Yep. They do have an 800 number but like Alec said, you pay to have a key for them to support you through that 800 number. Otherwise, it's long distance city.
Old January 9th, 2006, 06:34 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory
Yep. They do have an 800 number but like Alec said, you pay to have a key for them to support you through that 800 number. Otherwise, it's long distance city.
Well I just got a copy of Avid with my new Dell, should be here in a few days and maybe it's time to learn a new system that has better support, better features, industry standardization and features that Adobe left out... hmmm.
Old January 9th, 2006, 06:47 PM   #8
Inner Circle

MIguel,

I cut on Avid and love it.

But tech support IS NOT FREE. So be advised. Adobe is just following standard operating procedures, I'm afraid.

I think you get a limited time on free tech support, not sure what it is so check carefully all the info that come with it. Welcome to AVID.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 09:37 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Same issue. I've installed XP SP2 and now P-Pro1.5 is telling me reinstall.
Will I loose all of my work and editing from projects if I reinstall?
I need to be able to reinstall and then continue working on the projects where I left off.. Is this going to happen?
Please someone help.. I'm in dire need of guidance here, as my project must be completed shortly.

Many thanks
Anthony Milic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Milic
Same issue. I've installed XP SP2 and now P-Pro1.5 is telling me reinstall.
Will I loose all of my work and editing from projects if I reinstall?
I need to be able to reinstall and then continue working on the projects where I left off.. Is this going to happen?
Please someone help.. I'm in dire need of guidance here, as my project must be completed shortly.

Many thanks
Anthony,

Don't take this as gospel, but I have reinstalled because of issues and I have never lost any projects. All of my project files were still there after installation.

Mike
Old January 13th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Thank you so much for replying Mike!

Premiere wants to "remove all installed components" before I can reinstall.
Premiere system is located on D:
Premiere projects are saved to E:

My concerns are;
1. Will it remove my projects also/all files associated to premiere? even if I've backed up to a different directory?
2. After I remove all components and then reinstall, will I be able to tell premiere where to find my projects, and do the project directories contain ALL project info. ie will I be able to pick up where I left off?

Any opinions, info will be most helpful.

Anthony
Anthony Milic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #12
Regular Crew

I don't know about Premeire Pro but have uninstalled and reinstalled versions 5.1c on my big NLE and 6.5 on my laptop and didn't lose anything. I was scared to death the first time I had to do it a few years ago but it fixed the problem and I didn't lose any projects or settings. Did you try the reset option first. You may not have to uninstall to fix your issue if you perform a reset.

Reset Procedure
www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=56197
Old January 13th, 2006, 03:14 PM   #13
Inner Circle

It is kind of like taking Microsoft Word off of your computer. You still have all of your previous documents, but you just can't open them like before.

I have never lost any file with a reinstall of Premiere. Last time was just about 4 months ago when I tried to put QT7 on my laptop. I had te reinstall then and lost nothing.

Good Luck--Mike
Old January 13th, 2006, 03:39 PM   #14
Major Player

Doubt this will help, but ever since I installed PPro 1.5 (still have PPro 1.0 on same machine) every now and again I get the said message "Reinstall Premiere". I simply click ok and relaunch it and each and every time it fires up fine. Dunno.

Kevin
Kevin Janisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #15
Regular Crew

Thanks guys,

I went through with it this morning - without a glitch. All Premiere 'system' componenets were removed, and all projects were left unscathed.

Once I reinstalled Premiere, it even intuitively relinked to the projects.
All's well that ends well.

phew
Anthony Milic is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite