Exporting highlights for the internet at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 1st, 2006, 05:37 AM   #1
Major Player

Exporting highlights for the internet

I am using Premiere Pro 1.5 and I wanted to ask what size and format the clips have to be exported as to be able to upload them on the internet for viewing by your good selves for some valued opinions.
Many thanks in advance.

What server is the best for doing this as I don't have a web site myself?

Paul
P.S And a happy new year to you all
Paul Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 07:07 AM   #2
Major Player

Sorry, but as I'm on the subject of exporting, I have recently got After effects and wanted to ask how do you export from the middle of the timeline a 10-20 clip to be edited in AE, I only have the option of exporting movie, frame or audio, nowhere to export for example my in and out point, could someone help with this as well.

Paul
Old January 1st, 2006, 07:53 AM   #3
Trustee

The best method for most people to put videos on the Internet is to use Windows Media (WM9) at 320X240 using a dat rate of around 512K to 768K.

Feel free to look at a few of my old samples (I really need to get some new stuff up there one of these days) at http://www.stevengotz.com/myvideos.htm

To export just part of the composition, just like in Premiere, you "Make Movie" and select the "Work Area Only" in the Render Settings under the Time Sampling section. First you set the work area bar (on top of the timeline just under the Time Navigator), then you export just that section.
Old January 1st, 2006, 11:41 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Stephen,
I must go and check out your other clips.
Paul
Old January 2nd, 2006, 09:06 AM   #5
Major Player

Sorry Stephen,
I mean, from Premiere how do you select the short, say 20 sec clip on premiere pros timeline to export so as to be used in AE, I explained my self badly.

I liked your clips and the one with the clouds is fascinating, I can see your liking to shooting them.

Do you know of any websites i could use to upload the clips onto for people to view from this forum?

Paul
Old January 2nd, 2006, 03:59 PM   #6
Trustee

Position the workarea bar over the area you want to export, and when you select File > Export > Movie, click on the Settings button, then select a file type of Microsoft DV AVI and a range of "Work Area Bar".

A DV AVI is as good a quality as your original footage, and works fine in After Effects.

Free file hosting? Look here: http://copylog.blogspot.com/2005/11/...e-hosting.html
Old January 2nd, 2006, 04:52 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Gallagher
Do you know of any websites i could use to upload the clips onto for people to view from this forum?
I recommend taking a look at Clip Shack. It is completely free, and you can upload video in any format, and it will automatically be converted to the Flash format (good for compatibility). Also, unlike other file services it looks like your file won't be deleted after a certain number of days, and you can designate a clip as public or private.

Last edited by Christopher Lefchik; January 3rd, 2006 at 09:40 AM.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 05:45 AM   #8
Major Player

Thanks for that,

I'll take a look at both sites and thanks again Stephen for the help with adobe.

Paul
Old January 3rd, 2006, 08:28 AM   #9
Regular Crew

What we use...

We use flash and sorenson (requires the purchase of flash =( ) to export clips for the web - usually at the same size and rate Steven mentioned. as for servers - hosting video is really more of a subject of bandwidth allowance on what ever web host you have - I recomend the following web hosts:
hostdime
gate.com
networkredux.com

one thing you might want to think about is mpeg format since it will play in both windows media player and quicktime. (though you have tradeoffs like file size, and video clarity for something small enough to be on the web and accessable by most people.
my day job is setting up video and streaming servers - if you have any questions on that end let me know.

Frank
http://nine13media.net/
Frank Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:47 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Moss
We use flash and sorenson (requires the purchase of flash =( ) to export clips for the web - usually at the same size and rate Steven mentioned. as for servers - hosting video is really more of a subject of bandwidth allowance on what ever web host you have - I recomend the following web hosts:
hostdime
gate.com
networkredux.com

one thing you might want to think about is mpeg format since it will play in both windows media player and quicktime. (though you have tradeoffs like file size, and video clarity for something small enough to be on the web and accessable by most people.
my day job is setting up video and streaming servers - if you have any questions on that end let me know.

Frank

Thank you very much Frank, I'll take alook at those sites also.
Paul
Old January 5th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Lefchik
I recommend taking a look at Clip Shack. It is completely free, and you can upload video in any format, and it will automatically be converted to the Flash format (good for compatibility). Also, unlike other file services it looks like your file won't be deleted after a certain number of days, and you can designate a clip as public or private.

I have uploaded 2 clips on clipshack, how do I get the link for it to show it to you all?

Paul
Old January 5th, 2006, 02:01 PM   #12
Major Player

http://www.clipshack.com/Home.aspx

This is the home page and the 2 I have done are under PaulG, but ened up with the same name.

These are the 1st and 2nd weddings I have done back in June/July, let me know where I strongly need to improve and bothe clients picked their own songs for each part.

Paul
Old January 5th, 2006, 05:26 PM   #13
Trustee

Paul,

I'm afraid your clips aren't on the front page anymore. If you open one of your clips to play it on ClipShack, you should get the URL by which it can be directly accessed by, such as http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=20BF57AADB5D2F0E (this is not one of your clips, by the way, just an example I pulled from the site. I couldn't locate your clips).

Once you get your clip URLs, you would probably get more feedback by posting your wedding clips in the Wedding / Event Videography Techniques section.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2006, 05:11 AM   #14
Major Player

Found the links alright Christopher and thanks again for your help.

Paul
Paul Gallagher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite