Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 25th, 2006, 02:00 PM   #301
Inner Circle

This is something we all do from time to time... Has anyone here compared the quality of the video using a digital8 camera with the quality of the video using an analog camera and a high quality capture card?
Old July 26th, 2006, 06:54 AM   #302
New Boot

Sony Vaio and Adobe Premiere Pro

I'm getting serious sound distortion with my new Sony Vaio laptop, VGN-AR18GP which is pretty well their top of the line machine. This is with Premiere pro 1.5 or 2.0, and is even there with their Premiere elements which is pre-loaded on the computer. The distortion sounds like reflections or reverberations of the sound. I can sort of make out the sound but I really can't work with it. Terrible on music. Has anyone experienced anything like this on sony vaio machines? I've tried re-installing the pro programs with no effect. I think it might be something to do with the conformed audio files because the old Premiere 6.0 plays files without any problem. The same thing happens with HDV files played with Aspect HD.
Richard Corfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 07:30 AM   #303
Capt. Quirk

Scene detect in PP2 & HD100

I've been doing manual captures and batch captures via firewire, and have never been able to use the scene detect. It is always greyed out. What's up with this? Is it me, the cam, the program, or the evil monkey that lives in my closet?
Old July 27th, 2006, 06:14 PM   #304
Regular Crew

sound out of sync with video after i render

how come thew beginning will be in siync sound wise and then about a quarter of the way through it will go all messed up and out of sync with the video?
Jack Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 12:13 AM   #305
Regular Crew

Anyway to get an HD project at 720p on dvd in hi def?

is there anyway besides reducing the res to like dvd res. The film is about 20 min. long.
Old July 28th, 2006, 02:39 PM   #306
Trustee

If you mean so that the footage can be played on ordinary DVD players, no, it is not possible. The DVD spec does not allow for HD footage. Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are your only choice, and right now the burners and players are expensive.

On the other hand, if you only want to put an HD Windows Media or QuickTime H.264 file on the DVD for computer playback, then yes, that is possible. Adobe Media Encoder has HD Windows Media presets; you would have to adjust the settings on your own for QuickTime HD H.264 output.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 04:34 PM   #307
Regular Crew

It's a MPEG thingy. This feature not available for any camera that records in the mpeg format.
Jay Yellamaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 05:01 PM   #308
Regular Crew

you should give a few details about your project such as length, source video, type of project etc" so that some one on this board can answer
Jay Yellamaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #309
Capt. Quirk

Doh! Thanks, I would have never figured it out. I should be able to run a tape through the capture in DV, log the clips, then batch capture in HDV, right?

P.S. I think I got lost up in your neck of the woods once :)
Old July 30th, 2006, 12:17 PM   #310
Major Player

Merging duplicate assets

I have a couple of projects. Project B was created by importing project A. I did some moving around, chopping, etc., in Project B to suit my needs. As sometimes happens, I discovered that I needed something else from project A that had already been cut from project B. So I re-import project A into project B.

Now, due to the reimport, project B has duplicates of some of the assets, which I cannot seem to delete. If I try, then PPro (1.5.1) tells me the assets are used in a sequence, etc., etc. E.g., Video X points to the same physical file as Video Y, but I cannot delete either one because sequences reference either video X OR video Y.

Is there a way I can "merge" the duplicated assets, so that I end up with only one occurrence of the asset without having to redo a certain amount of work? I.e., change all sequences referring to Video Y to point to Video X instead? It's the same physical file...

I guess I'm looking for a workaround for my own braindeadness and lack of forethought...

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2006, 01:04 PM   #311
Trustee

I suppose you could have made a copy of project A and made it Project C. Then delete everything that would be a duplicate, Then import C into B.

There is not currently any way to merge.
Old July 30th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #312
Regular Crew

whenever i make titles for the film which is 20 minutes long it speeds through them too fast then screws up the audio later in the film, however when i play it in the source window before rendering it it plays fine whats up with that and how do i fox it, my project is in 1080i HD 29.97 project setting. Help on fixing this titles issue?
Old July 30th, 2006, 05:47 PM   #313
New Boot

Best Project Settings for Web-Only video?

Hey all. I thought I'd pretty much nailed all the basics in Premiere Pro 2.0, but I'm stuck again!

I have a quick couple of projects that are only going to be 320x240 and viewed on the web. The content is all made up of existing web video and images, which I've been stylizing in After Effects.

There is no Custom Preset in PP2 for web stuff so I made a custom 320x240 @ 24fps | editing mode: Desktop | pixel aspect: Square 1.0 | Progressive no fields. I get an error when using the default Rendering setting: Canopus DV Codec so I went to find one that worked in the pulldown.. and I'm unhappy with pretty much all of them - even selecting "none" under the Compression pulldown looks blurry.

Is there something I am overlooking - is there a standard preview-render setting people use when making web-only video not involving any DV?

Thanks!
Jim Kunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 09:06 AM   #314
Trustee

In addition, there are a small number of standalone players that will play HD material (mpeg2 and/or wmv) that has been burned onto standard red-laser DVD-Rs: the Avel Linkplayer2 being a good example.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 10:50 PM   #315
Obstreperous Rex

Actually some D8 camcorders offer Hi8 playback and some do not. The only model listed by B&H that's still current is the TRV280 and it does *not* have Hi8 playback. The TRV480 does, but try finding one. Just recently I wound up buying a D8 deck, the GVD200, for only a little more than what the TRV480 would have cost. FireWire output of Hi8 sources makes it highly desirable.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite