Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 28 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 17th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #406
Regular Crew

anyone know the answer to my question?
Jonathan Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 08:55 PM   #407
Major Player

Harry, I'll try to help not as a Premiere expert, but just as someone who has done a lot of recording. What you are describing is an "infinite feedback loop". This is caused by the "source" that is being recorded is also the output of the recorder. I would suspect that there is an option to "monitor audio during recording" and that if you set this to off, your problem may be solved. Whatever the remedy setting may be, it sounds certain that the computer is recording what it is playing back, so as you speak, the out-put actually gets recorded, then played back, then recorded again and so-on. Your monitor volume is probably slightly louder that your input, this is what would cause the recording to become louder and louder as it feeds back on itself. Try to trace down in your setting how the record function is including what you are monitoring. Hope this helps.
Cal Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2006, 08:51 AM   #408
Major Player

also check your window mixer to make sure you have chosen the line input
(you are using line for the mic correct?) and not the "record what you hear" or "stereo mix" selection.

if on a mac, well I can't help ya there
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #409
Major Player

Voiceover problem solved

Cal And Bill
Thanks for your help. After doing several checks I finally found out that the Master volume control has to be pulled all the way down to avoid the feedback loop Cal refered to. Then boosting it back up in order to listen to the final result. Again thanks so much.

Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #410
Major Player

HDV render settings?

How come there is a conveniat HDV preset to choose for your project settings but there are not HDV render settings to choose.
When Im editing in HDV 1080i mode, and I want to render a file out- to be able to use it in the same project -what should my render settings be? It defaults to Microsoft DV AVI. I know HDV is MPEG-2 right? So what do I type in?
Old September 19th, 2006, 05:45 AM   #411
Trustee

Other ways to capture HDV?

Hi,

I've been having problems capturing footage on premiere pro 2.0 because everything looks WAY darker. I played the footage directly from the FX1 to a tv and it looked exactly the way I shot it, the way I like it, the way it apears on the lcd. Then I captured this same footage with premiere and it looks WAY too dark. I tried playing it from the timeline, I tried playing it with media player classic, vlc, windows media player, etc...it always looked too dark.

So, my question is: is there a GOOD application (outside premiere) that I can use JUST TO CAPTURE the footage, that will still allow me to import it to premiere and edit it there?
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #412
Trustee

Same thing happened to me on a rather large project. I had to restore from an Auto-Save...
Old September 19th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #413
Trustee

Yes, this happened to me before. Navigate to your project folder and open up the most recently modified auto-save project file. You shouldn't be too far from where you left off.
Old September 19th, 2006, 02:42 PM   #414
Trustee

Never mind. I tried capturing with vegas and the footage is still dark. I think it may be something to do with the graphic card.
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 06:37 AM   #415
Regular Crew

Audio sync problem...please help

I use Premiere Elements 2.0 for my editing. I just finished editing a 1.5 hour long wedding video. Everything looks great, except for ONE clip. While viewing this ~10 second clip, the audio looks fine, matching up with the lips of the person talking. However, when I burn the DVD and view on my TV, the audio is out of sync by ~0.5 seconds. It is very noticable so it needs to be fixed. This is only happening on this one particular clip, the rest of the DVD looks fine. What is additionally puzzling is that the audio track is grouped with several video clips, so why would only this one clip be off?

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on? I need to get this finished ASAP. I told the bride I would have it done by this Saturday. Thanks!!
Andrea Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 10:32 AM   #416
Major Player

Displaying weird (total frames) timecode..

I was working away with 2.0, and suddenly noticed that my display setting for time code now seem to be set to "total frames" rather than frames and seconds etc. I went to Preferences, General, and set the display back to normal settings, but it still only displays frames, a total count. Anyone know what's up?
Old September 20th, 2006, 11:01 AM   #417
Major Player

Bug in PP2.0 DVD Scene Selection Menu?

When using multi-line text in menus, it's necessary to add multiple blank lines
between the lines of text. Example, my scene description looks like this:

"Scene name line 1

Scene name line 2

Scene name line 3"

I can insert multiple blank lines via CTRL+ENTER, (similar to adding a new page in MS Word), but that doesn't space the lines of text properly. To do that, I have to add the multiple blank lines. If I don't, then each text line just lays on top of each other.

The same thing seems to happen with Main Menu text, too.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this? Or maybe a patch/update for PP 2.0? Or does this provide some benefit that I don't recognize?
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #418
Major Player

Go to Project > Project Settings > General and change Display Format from Frames to anything else that has the word Timecode in it. (25 fps Timecode if you edit PAL.)

/Roger
Old September 20th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #419
Major Player

uh, thanks Roger... I'm really tired as I was up all night, so my post wasn't too clear. That is where I am going, and when I reset the timecode option, it doesn't change anything. Its as if the project is stuck in that mode and won't get out of it.
Old September 20th, 2006, 01:21 PM   #420
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Johnson
...and when I reset the timecode option, it doesn't change anything.
What do you set the Display Format to?

/Roger

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite