Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 29 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 20th, 2006, 09:01 PM   #421
Inner Circle

My guess is that at some point during editing you have unlinked audio and video and forgot about it... I would try moving the audio of that clip on a different track and dragging it back or forth to sync it.
Old September 21st, 2006, 08:19 AM   #422
Major Player

Closed Captioning in PP2

I have a spot that is closed capioned and I need to have it encoded for web download (easily done in PP2), but here's the question. Will the CC stay with it? I'm not sure how that works and I can't use it if it's not CC. Anyone do this?
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2006, 04:42 AM   #423
Tourist

Bad vob quality.

Hi there!
I have shoot some sceens with one XL2. Super quality.

But, when i render to DVD in premiere elements the quality just aint the same, it gets, i how should i put it...a lite bit pixelated. The sharpness och details get a little bit dul compera to the original.

Any one experience the same problem?
Per Sjoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2006, 07:34 AM   #424
RED Code Chef

Hi Per, welcome aboard DV Info Net.

It would be a great help if you could provide some more information like the
steps you go through, which presets you are using and any other settings
(especially for the export).

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2006, 09:58 AM   #425
Tourist

My settings

ok, I´m kind of a newbee on thise, but i seams like the only setting i can change when exporting to DVD is the bitrate, and the maximum for thise is 8.00 Mbps.

Thank you by the way! Fun to be here!
Per Sjoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2006, 09:00 PM   #426
Major Player

Had Prem Pro 2 only for just over a week

Greetings from the newbie,

This definitely is a quantum leap up from version 6.5 which I was using for some time.I could only afford the "educational" version.Are there any differences between this and the full blown retail version which lists for $500 more?

My opening question to the forum is this:

My goal is to have the entire audiotrack be uniform in both quality and amptitude.Yes,I know how to normalize clip by clip but not the whole project at once.Is that possible and if so how is that done?I ask that because right now the individual clips & segments on the timeframe have varying levels of audio.They all need to be the same,i.e. normalized.

The follow up question is when exporting a completed project to tape,is there a combination of settings to make sure is enabled/active or something I should do before I select export to tape or will it just port over seemlessly and flawlessly without any futher ado?

Thanks,
Bruce
Bruce Pelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 05:05 AM   #427
Tourist

Same problem with export to DVD

I've got the exact same problem! Why can't I get super quality on the DVD like the .avi file? It's extremely annoying! I've tried to change bitrate, but I don't seem to manage to get it right..

Most grateful for any help and advice!
Caroline Troedsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #428
New Boot

Multi-camera edit?

So I have the original uncut footage in my main sequence. Then, following the directions from the PP help menu, I made a new sequence with some footage and edited it using the multi cam feature. My footage is all edited the way I want it and I "recorded" it (although I don't understand the purpose). Now I went back to the main time line and tried to delete the original uncut footage and *poof* my edited, recorded, multicam shots were gone. When I undo and add the uncut footage back to the main timeline VOILA my images return to my multi cam sequence.

What I *want* to do is delete the old footage and replace it on the main timeline with my edited footage. How do I do this?
Jeff Bettendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #429
Major Player

I keep getting this error...

"[\dev\starsky\MediaLayer\Src\AESupport\AEInData.cpp-692]"

...when using Adobe media encoder.

Something else about missing a frame.

Any ideas?
Old September 26th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #430
Regular Crew

Conditional effects

I'm planning to do two different versions of a sequence, one with certain video effects applied, and one without. The easiest way would be to just to a master edit of everything as the "without" version, then copy that timeline and go through and apply the various effects to each clip in the copied "with" timeline.

Problem is, if I then have to go back and make any edits to the "without" timeline, I'd have to mirror them in the "with" timeline. Or vice-versa. It's possible, but error-prone.

Is there a way that anyone's aware of to only conditionally apply effects (and only certain effects, at that)?

(I'm guessing the answer is no, and I can think of a couple of potentially hacky ways around it, but I thought I'd throw it out here.)
K. Tessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:28 PM   #431
Trustee

Regard your 'without' version as Sequence 1. Now create a new Sequence 2. I import sequence 1 into it ...then apply the extra affects.

Then when you are finally done and ready to export, copy the project, and then revert the copied version back to Sequence 1 before exporting.

I think that gets you were you want to be.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:36 PM   #432
New Boot

Thanks

Thank you guys.

I did just that, opened the auto save file. But later the original did open, go figure!

Severo
Severo Contreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #433
Regular Crew

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I'm not sure how this gets around having to reapply the effects if I make changes to the "without" sequence that change timing, etc. I should mention that these are per shot/clip effects.

For instance, if I have a sequence of clips A-B-C, and C has a particular effect to be conditionally applied to it, and I trim the original sequence so that B is slightly shorter...see what I mean?
K. Tessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 05:50 AM   #434
Trustee

True - if you change the timing of sequence 1, I doubt my suggestion will work.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 12:08 PM   #435
Major Player

Converting 4:3 into 16:9

I saw a very interesting device at a video show recently made by a company called Tarenex. It could take in 480I and upconvert to 720P and 1080I and do so very nicely.

What I was impressed with was how it took and stretched the image left and right. It left the center of the picture pretty much alone and progressively stretched the ends out. This was much less noticeable distortion-wise since your eye tends to go to the center of the picture where the action is.

I'm looking for something to do this but in standard def. Take 4:3 and make it 16:9 and still look acceptable. I'd shoot with the image frame cropped to take care of top and bottom. Just need to do stretch the sides.

Question: Does anyone know if a software plugin for Premiere or even a standalone that works on the same principle?

Thanks!

BTW: I did find these free presets for the Premiere motion filter on a site. Not sure how well they will work but will give them a try. http://www.mykaskin.freeserve.co.uk/...s/plugins.html

Last edited by George Odell; September 27th, 2006 at 12:53 PM.
George Odell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite