Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 27th, 2006, 11:36 PM   #436
Major Player

Hi George,
My TV has a setting to do the same thing - 'Panorama'
FWIW it can be OK but is distracting when you pan, and if you are having composition with subjects set 1/3 or less from the frame edge.

Sorry - can't help with the plugins.

Cheers.
Kyle Ringin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 08:38 AM   #437
Major Player

Kyle:

Funny you should be the one to reply first. This all came about because I'm shooting some material for Australian television. The producer is requiring 16:9 since all TV is 16:9 in your country. Is this really the case?

Currently I'm needing to rent a camera to complete the work but they did
offer to look at a conversion from 4:3 to 16:9.
Old September 28th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #438
Major Player

I prefer not to normalize audio in premiere (does not seem to work right all the time). I would start with the audio mixer and get as close as you can to what you want. Then export audio only, bring it into adobe audition (or back into premiere), and normalize that audio clip.

Exporting to tape, just plug in camera, set to VCR mode, and click export to tape.
Old September 28th, 2006, 03:05 PM   #439
Tourist

As far as I know there is no difference between the "Educational" and regular version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Pelley
Greetings from the newbie,

This definitely is a quantum leap up from version 6.5 which I was using for some time.I could only afford the "educational" version.Are there any differences between this and the full blown retail version which lists for $500 more?

My opening question to the forum is this:

My goal is to have the entire audiotrack be uniform in both quality and amptitude.Yes,I know how to normalize clip by clip but not the whole project at once.Is that possible and if so how is that done?I ask that because right now the individual clips & segments on the timeframe have varying levels of audio.They all need to be the same,i.e. normalized.

The follow up question is when exporting a completed project to tape,is there a combination of settings to make sure is enabled/active or something I should do before I select export to tape or will it just port over seemlessly and flawlessly without any futher ado?

Thanks,
Bruce
Wayne Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #440
Tourist

Premire Pro and Panasonic MXF

I shot some footage for a client and gave it to them on a HDD, they are editing in Premiere Pro 2 and can't figure out how to import it.

We are a mac based post facility so I have no idea how Premiere handles this.

According to Adobes web site it will except P2 MXF, but they don't explain how to do it. The clients not an editor and I can't convince them to just let us edit it.

Does anyone no how to import MXF Files into Premiere Pro 2 off a HDD
Ryan Manes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 12:13 AM   #441
Major Player

George,
I wouldn't say all TV is 16:9, but almost all new programs are broadcast 16:9 on digital (HD and/or SD) and while analogue used to always be full frame 4:3, more and more is being shown letterboxed to 14:9 - Although the only time I watch analogue is when I visit my folks so that might not be current anymore.
Personally I hate watching a good, new program in 4:3 - especially on my widescreen TV...

BTW regarding the panorama thing - I thought I'd use it a fair bit, but I found I didn't really like it. If I get a DVD or something that is 4:3 I just watch it in 4:3. Panorama is too distracting, I'm always watching the edges of the frame to see what's out of proportion.

Cheers.
Kyle Ringin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #442
Regular Crew

Capturing DVX 30p footage as 24P

Is this a problem? I've read various reports,most saying it doesn't matter...Although I'm not sure....

I've just discovered the option to do custom project settings...Is it better to start from the DVX 24p setting, and just change the framerate to 29.97?

Will that give me a proper capture????

Thanks...
Matt Ramphal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #443
Major Player

Wayne, the problem with normalizing a clip in PPRo is that it looks at the highest level in the clip and lifts the audio gain in the clip enough to bring that highest bit to 0db. For example, you record people around a table and most of the dialog is very low but someone thumps a glass down on the table loudly. Normalizing the clip may bring the gain down to make sure the thump of the glass is at and not above 0db, making the dialog even quieter. Just to say, unless the audio levels are consistent, longer clips may give you more problems when normalizing.

You can normalize long clips in the project window before they get cut up in the timeline, and that will save you having to normalize each smaller instance of the clip later.

You might want to explore the compressor as well for level adjustments. Having said that, and keeping in mind that I agree with the above post about using the mixer, you can, in PPro, use the expanded mixer and set dynamic effects in the track mixer. That will set the effect for the whole track as opposed to doing it for an individual clip.
Eric Lagerlof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 06:32 PM   #444
Major Player

What for?

If you need it, you can try exporting the edited footage and then replacing the sequence with the rendered version but you loose the editability then.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 01:49 PM   #445
Regular Crew

more lines

i've asked this once before, but i have to bring it up once more.
notice the lines in this frame grab, i cant get rid of them.
i dont know if it's happening on capture or what.
i am about to prepare for my cut and ingest all of this stuff for my flick and i obviously cant have these lines.
i've tried to export to tape and see if the lines would disappear on a standard tv but they are still visible.
anyone have any thoughts on this?
thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006-bloddyboo.jpg  
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 02:07 PM   #446
Inner Circle

Are you talking about the black bars on the sides?
Old October 1st, 2006, 03:14 PM   #447
Regular Crew

yeah, sorry.
any clue?
i've been using premiere for a long time and never had this problem.
feeling stupid....
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 04:23 AM   #448
Inner Circle

I would simply increase my horizontal width.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 09:16 PM   #449
New Boot

M&E track requirement

We have just made a sale to a TV network in New Zealand. They want Digital Betacam masters with stereo or dual mono on tracks 1 and 2 and M&E on Tks 3 and 4.
The trouble is that in the project, I have placed live location sound on audio 1 and that includes stereo and mono sound. On audio 2 I placed a mono voiceover and on audio 3 I placed stereo music.
The question is how do I get to TV requirements without a sound sweetening session using Premiere Pro 1.5?
How can I produce dual mono?
John Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:43 PM   #450
New Boot

Synchronizing audio and video

When I make a photo montage in Premier Pro the first thing I do is listen to the song and tag the beats and measures on the timeline. Then I tag the climax of the song. By doing this I am able to have the photos change to the beat of the music, and then let loose at a drum fill. It works really good inside Premier. However, when I burn to DVD it seems as if the drum sync does not line up when watching the finished product. What is causing this problem?

Any help would be appreciated,

Al Ioimo.
Al Ioimo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite