Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 33 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 16th, 2006, 11:19 AM   #481
Trustee

What do you want to do with the resulting MPEGs? I ask because DVD authoring, for example, sets a max. bitrate that you must conform to...
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #482
Regular Crew

My resulting mpegs are going to be beamed up via satellite. So I guess the end file size will also have to be a function of my satellite bandwidth. So what I am looking for is the greatest sample rate for 10-bit SD without it being overkill. But great picture quality is my objective.
Jason White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #483
Regular Crew

Three D plugin?

Has anyone ever used the Three D ,3D, Plugin in Premiere Pro 1.5?
What were the results you got?
Also where can I get 3D glasses in Toronto?
Thank you
Old October 18th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #484
Regular Crew

H.264 frame size issue

Hey guys. I'm new to the H.264 compressor and have been trying to render out from my timeline to an mov. The issue I'm having is no matter what size I put into the frame size selection it always comes out as 320x240. It says that its the size I chose in the summary window but on the left had size where it shows the source size and the output size it says 320. I'm using premiere pro 2.0 and I have QT Pro 7.1 installed. Is there a preset somwhere that I'm missing? The only way I have gotten around this is to select export movie and get the frame size I want but am left with a huge file size or export a dv avi and then open it up in QT nd export it that way. Would love to figure this out in the encoder of premiere to elminate the extra step and time. Thanks.
Old October 19th, 2006, 04:15 AM   #485
Major Player

Widescreen or Standard Project Setting?

I'm editing footage that was shot on a Panasonic DV15 in "Cinema Mode" which I doubt is true widescreen, rather just a letterbox mask. I made a Widescreen project in Premiere and while capturing the footage seemed letterboxed on my standard monitor, which is expected, but then all of a sudden it changed to a "double letterbox" type look. The picture was then squeezed and looks out of proportion. Is this Premiere trying to convert what is actually 4:3 into widescreen for use in the project? Which setting should I have used?
Aviv Hallale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2006, 08:52 PM   #486
Tourist

I am wondering as well. I have video on a DVCPRO tape, and I need to edit and take screen captures/stills. From the Adobe website, PP2 natively supports DVCPRO format, so, if I understand this, I can import/ingest the video from the DVCPRO tape into PP2, where I can make screen captures and edit it, correct?
Jeff Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 02:30 AM   #487
Regular Crew

Send Me Back to NLE School

This may be an very entry-level question but I guess I've forgotten to choose a really important project setting because I'm having a problem with PPro that I never experienced with my old Avid.

It seems like the more SAVEs and RENDERS that I execute, one of the drives (C?) seems to "fill up" and then it won't render anymore and finally gives me the "serious error" message and shuts down. I've been able to minimize this by quitting and doing a hard reboot when I think I'm getting close to losing everything. This seems to work but it's a genuine pain in the ass. It also does not make sense, since I've got 2 Terabytes of storage on one array ('V' drive) and the 'C' drive is over a 100 gigs.
Jim Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 09:01 AM   #488
Wrangler

It may be that your temp files (video preview files,etc) are going onto your C drive by default. The temp files can large and numerous, as they are created in the background to help with real-time preview of effects. Check your preferences dialog for "scratch drives" and make sure it points to a location on a large, fast volume.

BTW, what RAID level are you using on the 2TB drive? (RAID 5 is great for an archive, but write performance will be pretty slow and definitely affect editing).
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 10:25 AM   #489
Inner Circle

PPro 2.0 Multi-Camera Editing Questions

Didn't see a lot on this in my thread search, so point me if I have missed it.

Shot an school play with two cameras. One with Unbroken time code, the other with minor breaks.

1. I opened a new project in 2.0, but the unbroken file Video1,Audio1 lines.

2. I manually synched the three files from the second camera on the Video2, Audio2 lines. When I say synched, I mean I was able to match up so there was no echo in sound, and the video matched.

3. So now I have a completed synched sequence, which is called sequence 1.

4. I save everything, then opened a new sequence on the time line, and I drag sequence 1 into sequence 2 time line.

5. The first time I did it, I was able to get every thing up on the multi camera monitor, and mess around with it, switching cameras back and forth. I inadvertantly closed the sequence without saving, and when I retried same steps again, I get a blank screen.

Anyone have any hints on this process or what I am doing wrong ?
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:09 AM   #490
Wrangler

Double check that you've enabled multi-cam in the menus -- it's easy to miss. Otherwise, it may be quicker to go back to your most recent auto-save before having lost the multi-cam.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:30 AM   #491
Regular Crew

I Thought Closets Were For Storage

Pete, these are the kind of simpleton issues I run into since I come from a linear bg--at 58 years of age, I qualify as an old fart. I got my first taste of the NLE world with the original Toaster (which was really more of a virtual switcher).

I'm just a humble cutter and still don't fully grasp what goes on inside that really noisy tower that purchased from BOXX (but it sure keeps the room warm on chilly winter days).
I do use the Raid for storage and the particular project that I'm having the issues with is HD and I'm using Prospect from Cineform. I decide to use the Raid storage as the scratch disc.

Was this a bad thing?

Any helpful hints are most appreciated.
Jim Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 01:36 PM   #492
Regular Crew

Capturing problems

In Premiere Pro, when i capture video now this is what happens...
1. While watching the capture, i can see the video and hear the audio
2. After its done capturing i close out and start my project.
3. I drag the file i just captured onto the timeline and click play. The video plays but no audio.
4. I found the original file on my hard drive and played it with windows media player and both audio and video play perfectly.
5. Back in my project i delete the files and try to re import them.
6. When i import them a warning box comes up and says "Disk Write Error. Verify drive connections, available disk space and disk access privelages. Then save, close and re-launch the project."
7. I even reinstalled premiere and the same stuff happened. I tried capturing from a different tape and the same thing happens.

Does anybody know whats going on?
Chris Ruona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 05:17 PM   #493
Inner Circle

1. Its not a capture problem, because you can play it in media player. That means everything hasn't gotten to your hard drive.

2. So question becomes what is going on while in Premiere. You need to provide more particulars. For instance, I seem to have issues with my set up in working with files off of a USB Harddrive. My system will crash when I am trying to edit off that. When I use on board hard drives, no problem. For someone to help give particulars of file types capture (HDV, DV), the system you are using, what disks are being used. I have heard ther are issues with some Raid setups in editing systems.... so lay it out so people can help.

Edit: Don't forget the version of Premiere Pro.....
Old October 20th, 2006, 09:01 PM   #494
Regular Crew

After Effect 7.0

I just upgrade to After 7.0 Standard. But for some reason when I open the program, about 25 seconds into opening it shuts down. I try uninstalling it a couple times with the same results. Is there anybody out there with an Idea of what can I be doing wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Mike Quinones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 09:27 PM   #495
Wrangler

Within its User Forum area, Adobe has separate pages for Win and Mac installation problems linked from it's Top Issues page. You do have to create a log in if you haven't previously done so, but it is painless:

http://www.adobe.com/support/products/aftereffects.html

If that doesn't help please provide as much info here as you can, such as:
- What are your system specs (in detail)?
- If WinXP, do you have the latest Service Packs and updates?
- Is this part of Production Studio, or stand-alone?
- What other software, especially video-related, is already on the system?
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite