Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 35 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 27th, 2006, 09:21 AM   #511
Trustee

Vista RTM and PPRO 2.0

I managed to get an in-house RTM copy of Vista before it was recalled, again. Call it a leak, called it what you want, I'm not saying. The bug that caused the delay doesn't effect PPro or performance. I played around with it for about 6 hours before wiping it from my machine. When compared in a dual boot with XP it was far from what I expected. My new machine should have NO issues supporting the requirements of Vista, but boy was it a sad sight. PPro 2.0 ran horribly bad and this is final code! I guess I'll be running XP for the next decade, lol. Wait until you have 8GB of RAM, a 512MB of high end video card, and 10,000 RPM drives to be anywhere near satisfied.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 01:05 PM   #512
Major Player

EDL From PPro

All,

I know that PPRo can export an EDL, but I can't for the life of me find out how. The help file is no help, of course. Can someone point me to the menu or process for this?

Thanks in advance.

On the flip side, I want to try to bring it in to FCP on a Mac. Has anyone done that?
Old November 5th, 2006, 07:33 AM   #513
Major Player

YC Waveform

My YC Waveform in Premiere pro 2 used to work well, on the left side IRE values were from 0 to 100 and so on, but now, it changed suddenly, instead of previous numbers, now there are 0.1, 0.2 and so on. How can i switch it back?
Andzei Matsukevits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 07:42 AM   #514
Major Player

ok, i know where is the difference, it came from PAL project. Dont know why, but when i edit in pal project, it shows different numbers...im confused...

what equals 100% black and white then?
Andzei Matsukevits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 10:14 PM   #515
Regular Crew

Importing Graphics Error Messages

I am having trouble with importing graphics into PP 1.0, I keep getting error messages that state: "Unsupported format or damaged file."

The only format that I can import is .jpg.

I am creating the graphics in Adobe Photoshop.

Any suggestions? Do I need to reinstall PP 1.0? (I hope not...)

Cheers!
Jon Pavli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:11 AM   #516
Wrangler

Hi Jon,

what format are you trying to import?

if you create a new project will it allow you to import them?

can you open them up in any other program?

I take it the images were closed (i.e. not being used by any program) before you imported them into pp?

just a few things to think about.

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 10:38 AM   #517
Regular Crew

Hi Ed,

I have tried importing: tif, psd, png, pdf ( maybe a few others that I can't remember).

PP 1.0 doesn't allow me to 'import' those files listed above. That is when I get the error message.

If I try to do what you suggested about opening a new project...it still does the same thing.

Good idea about having them open in Photoshop, but I did close each file before trying to import them into PP 1.0.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jon
Jon Pavli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #518
Major Player

RT.X100 and Audio Delay in Premiere

My friend has a very new matrox rtx100 card with premiere pro software.
He has a very big problem: delay when pressed the spacebar and when the playback begins.
Is this a driver problem? Or hardware?
Maybe a known issue that he can fix?

asus p5ld2 deluxe mainboard
intel p4 d 3,4ghz
1GB ram
asus eax1600pro VGA
80+250GB samsung sataII7200 HDD,
pioneer dvd 111d OEM

thank you!
Old November 6th, 2006, 11:21 AM   #519
Major Player

Try this:

In PPro, go to preferences. Select Audio Hardware. If there are 2 options and the current setting is Adobe default windows sound try the other that was applied by your sound card.

Also, go to Project>Project settings>general and select playback settings. There is an option there to playback on audio hardware.

If that fails, check your ASIO settings and IRQ of the sound card. This will require research at the site from your brand that you are using.

Remember, when troubleshooting: One change at a time and test ....
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #520
Regular Crew

Premiere 1.0 no audio

I know I'm behind the times but here it goes...

I'm having problems with Premiere 1.0. I have exported my movie to DV tape. I know the sound is there because I played the deck without anyconnections to the computer.

I wanted to change a segment on my miniDV tape, so I captured via firewire cable. The video was there but the audio was missing!

I tested with new firewire cables and changed the firewire card. I'm running on a Dell Precision 340 with 1 gig of ram. The disks are internal and are maxtors 200 gig 7200 rpm.

I checked the settings in Premiere and everything looks the same. I can't figure out why my audio is missing when I capture my movie back to Premiere.

I'm running Windows XP SP 2 and I'm running out of things to troubleshoot.

I thinking of reinstalling Adobe Premiere program and changing out the sound card from the integrated one to a SoudBlaster Xfi.

Help! I've been troubleshooting for 3 days and I'm running out of ideas....

Thanks!
Jaime Espiritu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:23 AM   #521
Regular Crew

PPro 1.5... a couple exporting issues

I'm trying to get a copy of this music video to someone for a beta dub, so I need it in the highest quality possible. Problem is, I don't have the best system.

When I try to "export to tape", linked to my DVX (not sure if camera makes any difference), I keep getting these huge glitches with the blue screen of death popping in from time to time. Everything just craps out, video and audio.

so the beta dubber said an uncompressed Quicktime file on DVD would do. But when I try to do that, it craps out on me at 99.9% of the render. Says it's an Unknown Error. When I try to play it, it says it's not a movie file.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm thinking it's because my computer is crap...

or, is there any other way of getting a full quality copy to the beta dubber?

This is for TV release, so I need it to be thebest quality possible.

Thanks for any help, guys!
-Lloyd
Lloyd Choi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #522
Trustee

Try exporting to an uncompressed avi rather than mov and see if that works?

I assume you have sufficient empty drivespace? Maybe worth defragmenting the drive you are storing to....
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #523
Major Player

batch export function in PP2.0?

Hey guys is there a batch export function in PP2.0?

My workflow after editing is rendering all my HDV sequences (basically individual chapters) in HDV. But I have to do them one by one which really sucks!

Can't I just select all the sequences and then select some sort of Batch Export function so that my system will automatically render them one after an other in separate files?

Thanks in advance!
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:37 AM   #524
New Boot

Razored(spelling?) cuts

Once you razor a cut in Adobe Premier is ther a way to merge them back together. Thanks in advance.
Erick Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:51 AM   #525
Trustee

If you only JUST razored it, use undo.

Otherwise, what I do is activate the 'rolling edit' tool, and drag the end of the first clip over the top of the second clip until its back to the original length.

I dont think there's a 'glue' tool in Premiere, the way there is in some other apps.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite