Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 44 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 11th, 2006, 02:54 AM   #646
Major Player

Have you tried just importing the m2t file into PPro2. I use the hd100 and Aspect HD, so I capture from within PPro2. I import with FW and edit, that's it.
Also, I know there is a flip switch in Aspect HD.
Jon
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 08:53 AM   #647
Major Player

The usual cause of upside-down images in the Windows world is that one of the pieces of software somewhere in the chain doesn't know how to handle RGB-format images - specifically RGB "Windows Device Independent Bitmaps" or DIBs.

For historical reasons, there are "upside-down" and software handling them and/or passing them on down the chain should flag them as such (usually by indicating the height as a negative number - e.g., for a 720x480 image, an RGB DIB should be handled as 720 x -480.

The usual culprit is a codec not respecting the information passed to it by the OS.

I hate to say it but Adobe are notorious for breaking these kinds of rules. I have had to often modify my own code to detect whether it is an Adobe product using it or not.
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 09:11 AM   #648
Major Player

Exporting with PPro 1.5 and Quicktime H.264

My frame gets squished (the opposite of the 1.2 widescreen setting) and the image is very washed out.

What am I doing wrong?

When I export using .wmv everything is fine. I really want to learn how to use H.264

Quicktime Planar RGB also seems to work fine?

Any ideas?

Are there any updates for 1.5?
Old December 11th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #649
Major Player

Got it to work...

Thanks to the forum search engine (which I should have used in the first place) I got it to work.

I exported it as interlaced and downloaded the latest version of Quicktime. The scale and image was much better... but..., I have to say that .wmv looks better when played back. The dark scenes are dark in the .wmv, not grainy like what the Quicktime version shows.

I'm using Windows Media Player 11

Any suggestions on why that might be?

Mike
Old December 11th, 2006, 10:39 AM   #650
Trustee

See this thread: H.264 Brightness / Contrast issue
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 11:23 AM   #651
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Lefchik
Well... glad to know that it isn't a problem on my end.

Thanks,

Mike
Old December 11th, 2006, 12:33 PM   #652
New Boot

Thank you, Steven. I guess then there is no way to extract one part of a captured HDV clip and store it in a file which is (nearly) an exact copy of the corresponding part of the capture file.

I like my method because I can have a quickly accessible, easily searched, on-disk archive with my footage without wasting HDD and backup space with scenes that will never be used in any project.

I will have a closer look at Cineform Aspect HD. Thanks.

/Thomas
Thomas Lundberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 12:47 PM   #653
New Boot

Good to know on both accounts, thanks guys.
Christopher Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 05:35 PM   #654
Regular Crew

DVD output quality

Ok I know there are a few threads dealing with this but I didn't want to thread hijack.

I have a 70 minute video I just finished. Shot in SD. It looks great on my comp screen, but when I export through Premiere Pro and get it to DVD, it looks bit grainy and not so great.

I used DVD encore, and I told it to build DVD. There was not an option on that screen to select how to compress it, so I assumed it set it automatically at the highest quality it could fit on a disc (I am using single layer discs). I checked the bitrate afterwards and it was between 7-10.

Yet I'm not satisfied with the image quality. Actually, when I used to work with Ulead tools, the DVD workshop gave me better quality.

I've heard some talk of using a better compressor etc. I'd really like to achieve maximum image quality on this disc.

Any tips on what I can do (preferrably for FREE, and before tomorrow evening so I can have the disc built Wed morning) to improve image quality? Whether it just be messing with the options in Encore, or using a different mpeg compressor....

please help! thanks!
Daniel Cegla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #655
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Cegla
Ok I know there are a few threads dealing with this but I didn't want to thread hijack.

I have a 70 minute video I just finished. Shot in SD. It looks great on my comp screen, but when I export through Premiere Pro and get it to DVD, it looks bit grainy and not so great.

I used DVD encore, and I told it to build DVD. There was not an option on that screen to select how to compress it, so I assumed it set it automatically at the highest quality it could fit on a disc (I am using single layer discs). I checked the bitrate afterwards and it was between 7-10.

Yet I'm not satisfied with the image quality. Actually, when I used to work with Ulead tools, the DVD workshop gave me better quality.

I've heard some talk of using a better compressor etc. I'd really like to achieve maximum image quality on this disc.

Any tips on what I can do (preferrably for FREE, and before tomorrow evening so I can have the disc built Wed morning) to improve image quality? Whether it just be messing with the options in Encore, or using a different mpeg compressor....

please help! thanks!
Not free but cheap, output AVI and MPG2 it via TMPGenc then burn it .. you'll be quite pleased.
Old December 11th, 2006, 10:50 PM   #656
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Lombana
Not free but cheap, output AVI and MPG2 it via TMPGenc then burn it .. you'll be quite pleased.
I will look into that... anyone else have any suggestions as well?

Question: in DVD encore, will I be able to select the compression engine to use as TMPGenc instead of Mainconcepts encoder? Or will I have to launch this program?
Daniel Cegla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #657
Regular Crew

viewing monitor out of sync???

okay i will start off with how i have things set up. i have my dv camera connected to my computer through firewire. then i have a RCA cable(audio video analog) connected from my camera to a tv.

my problem is, the tv is out of sync with the computer when doing playback in adobe premiere. how can i fix this or can i? is there a different way to set it up. my audio is also out of sync.

thanks,
mike
Michael Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 03:52 AM   #658
Trustee

You could also try CinemaCraft Basic encoder for encoding from Premiere Pro, using a bitrate calculator to find optimal settings.
http://dvd-hq.info/Calculator.html?P...f57#Calculator
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 04:20 AM   #659
Major Player

You could just use EDL...
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 06:05 AM   #660
Regular Crew

Michael,

I once encountered a similar problem then realized what an idiot I was for not figuring it out right away. During capture I encountered a similar problem. The audio had a 1 second delay difference from my computer monitor and my broadcast monitor. I corrected the problem by going up to the menu bar and choosing playback options. If I remember right you have to set the playback to either one or the other to avoid the delay.

I am heading in to the office and I will tell you where it is located in PP2.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite