Premiere and Bullet Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 2nd, 2006, 04:30 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere and Bullet Question

I finally upgraded to Premiere Pro 1.5 and Magic Bullet to edit our short film. I'm very tired after a gnarly New Year here in Vegas and haven't had time to sift over everything on these forums, so here's the scoop.

I am noticing some odd "loss of quality" issues after rendering a Magic Bullet "Look" in my project. It is hard to explain, so here are a few examples.

The first sequence in which the camera slowly pulls back from a television I notice the edge of a wall kind of flickers, as do the edges of the TV until the camera stops moving.

Another example is we crane down a shelf, and as we pass a box of matches and a cigarette carton, there are lines flickering through them. It's not everything, just select items on the screen.

Is this just an issue with this software or are there settings I should check. The film was shot in 24p, I am using the Panasonic 24p project setting, and I am not using an external monitor to view this, just the premiere window.

Thanks for any help guys, this is my first big venture into this stuff.

--Edit--
Okay, I read through some stuff. I'm getting mixed information on the project settings, i.e. as to whether or not it should be 24 or 29 or whatever. I started editing this project on Premiere 6 and have never had to deal with any of this stuff as of yet. Don't know if this is even the problem, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Alec Lence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 11:28 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I am no expert... but

I would say that part of your video problem is the render to screen... I had some wierd effects like that but I did an audioless preivew on a monitor using a camera connected to a tv adn the firewire output (this is unsupported) - the output looked fine there and on the final master.

do you have a render card in your machine like a BlackMagic Decklink or suchnot?
http://nine13media.net/
Frank Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:36 AM   #3
Major Player

Yeh, what are your Preview settings. Sometimes it defaults to less than Best Quality. I never trust the on-screen preview. Always use a monitor. Better yet, render a test clip and view that on a monitor.
Joshua Provost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 05:07 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yeah, it was the Premiere display that was causing the effect. I watched it on an LCD and on my TV and it looked fine. Except that it was squeezing the 16:9 to 4:3.
Alec Lence is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite