i. link 4-pin to 6-pin possible? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 7th, 2006, 11:39 AM   #1
Tourist

i. link 4-pin to 6-pin possible?

Hi everybody. I thought I would be able to capture my computer using an i-link 4-pin to 6-pin (My computer firewire port is 6 pin). Is a 6 pin port compatible with the HDR-HC1? Has anyone had success with this.

Sony sells a 4 to 6 pin i.link wire, so I thought it would be fine.
Jesse Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #2
Wrangler

I haven't used an HC-1, but Mac firewire ports are all 6 pin and 4 to 6 pin cables are commonplace. The 4 pin cable doesn't carry power which is used by some devices like portable disk drives. But that should be a non-issue with video cameras. I've never seen a problem on the Mac when using one of these cables and a variety of cameras, including a Sony Z1. If it isn't working for you then I'd try to do some other troubleshooting to confirm that the computer, cable and camera don't have problems.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 12:22 PM   #3
Tourist

Still trying to get Premiere Pro 1.5.1 to recognize that I hooked up the camera with no luck... :(
Jesse Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #4
Wrangler

Jesse, since your question specifically relates to Premiere I've moved this thread to our Premiere forum. I don't use Windows, but have noticed that similar questions have come up before regarding firewire on the PC. Hopefully someone with some experience can help, but in the meantime you might want to browse/search the Premiere forum for similar threads.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #5
Tourist

Thanks very much. I'll go check it out.
Jesse Hopkins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite