Problem with capturing footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 7th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem with capturing footage

I filmed 2 basketball games with the FX1, footage turned out great. However, when capturing the HDV footage to my computer, after about 4 minutes of capturing the footage starts to crap out. So, as you can imagine, sitting there, stopping the footage every 4 minutes to catch up with itself is a pain when dealing with 2 hours of footage. There's 2 things i'm wondering...

Is there a way so that the camera exports HDV footage DV to the computer? So my computer won't have such a heart attack with it?

Are there settings in Premiere that will help my computer capture more footage? (I have a second 320 gig hard drive, space isn't a problem). Or is there other software better for capturing the HDV footage?

Thanks.
Chad Huntley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Chad and welcome to DVinfo. I've moved your post to our Premiere forum where someone may be able to help with the software question. Yes, you can easily set the FX1 to send DV over firewire, just turn on i.LINK DOWNCONV in the menu. Of course you will only be importing 720x480 standard definition DV in that case.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite