DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Major exporting to movie problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/57942-major-exporting-movie-problem.html)

Rob Brookes January 10th, 2006 06:06 AM

Major exporting to movie problem

Please help me as premiere is refusing to output movies. I create about 5 to 7 sequences and they almost always render out to avi seperately. However, it would be great and a real time saver if I could create an avi from my master sequence of nested sequences. I have had this work once or twice but I cant seem to get it to work at all now.During render it will get to about 50% or 60 % and just stop rendering...leaving me without a movie. Everytime I try to make a master sequence with nested sequences premiere freaks out totally, crashing, freezing, I am out of answers now. My workaround at the moment is to export all sequences individually and then import them in to make a single timeline so I can export them again to encore as a single timeline. I am getting very bored of this and would appreciate someones input please.

Miguel Lombana January 10th, 2006 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Brookes
Please help me as premiere is refusing to output movies. I create about 5 to 7 sequences and they almost always render out to avi seperately. However, it would be great and a real time saver if I could create an avi from my master sequence of nested sequences. I have had this work once or twice but I cant seem to get it to work at all now.During render it will get to about 50% or 60 % and just stop rendering...leaving me without a movie. Everytime I try to make a master sequence with nested sequences premiere freaks out totally, crashing, freezing, I am out of answers now. My workaround at the moment is to export all sequences individually and then import them in to make a single timeline so I can export them again to encore as a single timeline. I am getting very bored of this and would appreciate someones input please.

Have you made sure that you're rendering the work bar and you've sized the work area bar to the project? I just exported 5 sequences from a wedding out to movie this way and it worked perfectly.

On the other side of the coin, what is your system setup, ie, ram, HD size, temp directories etc, make sure there is room and that you're not low on ram. I've seen Premier crash after it gets above 700megs when looked at in the task manager, these are typically large projects (hour or more) and it will become very unstable. One more thing that you can do is flush the cache buffer in Pro 1.5 by holding the shift key as you start the program from the Start menu, Program Files, Adobe Premier Pro etc. release the shift once the Premier project starter comes up.

ML

Rob Brookes January 10th, 2006 05:31 PM

Hi Miguel

Yes, I make sure that the work bar is covered over the project. Like I said, I can export individual sequences but once there nested into one big sequence there size of the project definately freaks out the render process. I am interested in the ram issue. My system is 1 gb ram and 3gb pentium 4 processor. My hardrives are c drive 120 gb, e drive 200gb and f drive 200gb.It always gets unstable on big projects over 50 mins so how do I free up ram if that is possible. I always have enough hardive room, I think the ram could be the problem. And what about the temp directories you mentioned, I normally just make a file in the same drive I store the clips and go from there.
Do you think I should perhaps delete all previous projects and there PRV. files etc so premiere will be stronger.
Hope to hear back from you soon

James Emory January 10th, 2006 08:28 PM

I was suddenly unable to export movies period a few weeks ago and below is the solution for that issue. Scroll down for info in all posts. I'm not sure if it will resolve your issue but it's worth trying. It fixed it for me. If it doesn't work, try going to Adobe's site on their known issues & fixes list and if it's not there go to their board and do a search. That's how I found my solution. Welcome to the world of Premiere!

www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=56197

Miguel Lombana January 10th, 2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Emory
I was suddenly unable to export movies period a few weeks ago and below is the solution for that issue. Scroll down for info in all posts. I'm not sure if it will resolve your issue but it's worth trying. It fixed it for me. If it doesn't work, try going to Adobe's site on their known issues & fixes list and if it's not there go to their board and do a search. That's how I found my solution. Welcome to the world of Premiere!

www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=56197

Those fixes are for MPG export with the Adobe Media Encoder, the issue that he's had was related to an AVI export which is what I've seen or had happen as well a few times on really large project.

Honestly Rob, not sure what it takes to keep Premier happy, it's a memory hog with the current version (1.51), I have 2 Gigs of ram and a swapfile that is also 2 Gigs and if I'm scrubbing back and forth with the mouse on a project that has been open for some time I can get the thing to get unstable and crash pretty easily.

The only issue that I've not had is on export to AVI, I've never had it crash during an export, however I can think of one little thing, heat. See if you can pull a CPU diag program from TuCows or some other site, what you need is a program that can pull the cpu temp and see if when you crash the cpu is getting too hot, just a wild theory but who knows, this would be something that can easily be fixed with better cooling. Other than that, wild stuff!

ml

James Emory January 10th, 2006 10:26 PM

Quote:

James Emory wrote:

"I am able to open and use the MPEG encoder and Windows Media Encoder just fine but I need the export movie feature bad. Help"!
Nope. I was very clear about it being the export movie option. That's the title of my original thread too. Read the first post in that link. There was an additional issue with the MPEG encoder and I decided to post that fix too preventing others that may have had that issue from having to hunt for it like I had to. You may have mistaken that info for my original issue. Adobe just needs to get its act together!

John Hewat January 11th, 2006 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Brookes
My system is 1 gb ram and 3gb pentium 4 processor. My hardrives are c drive 120 gb, e drive 200gb and f drive 200gb.It always gets unstable on big projects over 50 mins...

I'm disappointed to hear that. My soon-to-be system will have 2GB RAM and an AMDx2 4400 which (aside from the extra gig) is probably about the same performace-wise, and I will probably be editing footage of up to 90 to 100 minutes in PPro. I sure don't want to have the same troubles that made me decide to get a new computer in the first place but it sounds like they might be inevitable...

Rob Brookes January 11th, 2006 03:43 AM

Thanks for everyones feed back. Its what I dreaded, my computer needs even more ram. Amazing, I am a premiere user from 6.0 and its always been like this, memory hog alright. I will try the other tricks you guys have sent in. Also, quick side note, when I export the sequences individually and then import and create as a single avi the make movie works fine, weird heh, when the make movie option is made in the nested sequence it flips out but is ok when in avi, I think you guys know what I mean....bugger.I will check out the heat thing aswell, the fans certainly sound like they are working bloody hard.(aussie expression)

Anyway, I will keep chipping away, thanks

Rob Brookes January 18th, 2006 05:36 AM

Update on my progress

I updated my ram from 1gb tp 2 gb,still having issues while trying to export 3 nested sequences. I am thinking now maybe I am having problems because my export to movie>canopus dv avi may have problems so I am trying to export to Microsoft DV avi now to see if the issue lies in the codec (I think its called) is the problemo. ANy ideas, am I thinking logically.