DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   How can I slowly increase the speed of an audio track? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/59345-how-can-i-slowly-increase-speed-audio-track.html)

Eric Edmondson January 28th, 2006 08:45 PM

How can I slowly increase the speed of an audio track?

Hi,
I'm trying to gradually increase the speed of an audio track (a heartbeat), to mimic the sound of an increasing pulse. Anyone know how I might be able to accomplish something like that?

Thanks!

Barry Oppenheim January 30th, 2006 09:50 AM

Right click on the audio track and select audio speed/duration. You can make the clip faster by either decreasing the number of frames or increasing the speed. Also click on the box that says maintain pitch (unless you also want the clip pitch to speed up, i.e the clip on helium). Then click OK.

Now cut the clip a few seconds in and right click on the clip to the right of the cut. Repeat the speeding up process again as above. You will have to experiment on how many cuts and how long each cut is depending on how slowly or quickly you want the audio to accelerate.

Eric Edmondson January 31st, 2006 11:14 AM

Thanks for the tip Barry. I've tried it that way, but it's very difficult to keep the right time between beats as it speeds up. I was really hoping I might be able to "ramp it up" like you can with volume. Maybe it's just not something Premiere can do. I hear Acid can easily do it, maybe I'll have to try it.

Cheers~

Jean-Francois Robichaud January 31st, 2006 11:35 AM

Premiere does not allow you to ramp up speed. You can do this in AE though.

Eric Edmondson February 3rd, 2006 11:04 AM

Thanks Jean-Francois, I'll give after effects a try.

Steven Gotz February 3rd, 2006 01:23 PM

Just a hint - the effect in After Effects is called "Time Remapping".

And using After Effects 7 you can bring that into Premiere Pro 2.0 without even rendering out first using Dynamic Link which comes with the Production Studio.

Eric Edmondson February 11th, 2006 10:26 PM

I've been messing around with AE, and while I found the time remapping, I can't figure out how to use it (I have next to no experience w/ AE). Would anyone be willing to post a quick outline of the steps necessary to achieve the effect? I normally wouldn't ask, but I'm pushing it really close to the submission deadline for a local festival, so I'm getting desperate.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

Cheers~
Eric

Mitja Popovski February 13th, 2006 01:24 AM

why to do it in AE, if you have dedicated software for that: adobe audition, it is very easy to do it in there, in fact, when it was named cool edit it was the best software for time stretching and compressing, (today any audio editor can do it) right click on clip in AP and choose edit in adobe audition

Eric Edmondson February 13th, 2006 05:58 PM

Ok, I have somewhere I can use audition, can you tell me how to ramp up the speed of an audio track with it?

I've given it a look, and I'm lost...

Thanks.

Mitja Popovski February 14th, 2006 01:58 AM

In AA2.0 go to effects/time,pitch/stretch