Installation Problem- Can't Uninstall Trial Version to Install 2.0 upgrade at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 2nd, 2006, 02:37 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Installation Problem- Can't Uninstall Trial Version to Install 2.0 upgrade

Okay, I posted this elsewhere before, indicating I can't uninstall Trial Version, but didn't get much from anyone. Maybe someone can update now.

Went like this:

I ordered Update Version. In meantime, I wanted to tryout, so I downloaded Trial off the Adobe site. Upon start up of the trial version, I got the message that when I want to install the purchased version, I must uninstall the Trial Version. No problem so far. Trial version started, and I discovered it had no HDV support, so I proceeded to uninstall. It has hung up every time I engage uninstall, giving a message that it wasn't able to completely install.

I have variously deleted the directory in programs where the trial is installed, and reinstalled to try to uninstall. It still hangs up on uninstall.

I received my upgrade purchased version from Video Guys today, and when I start the disk to install, it gets me to the point where I select English, and ask it to install the program, I get an attempt to start, and the disk drive looks like it is starting install, then nothing happens. Checking task manager, there is nothing going on at all.

I am running AMD Dual core processor 3800 + on a ECS mother board, 2 Gigs of ram. Vegas, PP 1.51, Studio 10 Plus, all run fine.

Help, please. Anyone from Adobe out there ?
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:03 AM   #2
Inner Circle

2.0 Trial Uninstall Resolved

With the help of tech support at Adobe, we were able to finally uninstall the Trial Version so I could install the upgrade I purchased.

For those who might encounter the same problem, we used a program download from microsoft to do a manual uninstall of the program. It is the Window install cleanup utility located at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite