DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   looking for a transition? the one that blurs from shot to shot (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/59911-looking-transition-one-blurs-shot-shot.html)

Saturnin Kondratiew February 5th, 2006 12:09 AM

looking for a transition? the one that blurs from shot to shot

so i keep seeing this transition more often now, its one where i belive it blurs with stretch from one shot to the other. Does anyone know how that is achieved or if it a plug in.
thanx guys

Jonathan Nicholas February 5th, 2006 06:27 AM

This should be done with a mix of say 16frames - but there's not an effect as such in premiere - it has to be manufactured.

You have to decide where you want the effect. Add the mix. Export just this bit of video, then relay that back on the timeline at the same point. You then add a blur effect and key frame this so it's at 0 amount at frame one, maximum at frame 8 and minimum at frame 16....et voila your effect.

You can of course change the duration to anything you like.

I believe in Premiere pro 2 that you can add effects to the timeline above the video so you can miss out the export and relay video bit.

Jon

Leo Pepingco February 5th, 2006 06:37 AM

is it possible if someone could post an example, vid, or image.... I'm always up for new ways of editing footage... It would be cool to add to my bank of small talents such as making a cool cut

Sean Reilly February 5th, 2006 03:51 PM

try boris fx 6.0 it has a blur dissolve you may be looking for.

Jimmy McKenzie February 5th, 2006 05:21 PM

2 words:

After Effects.

Jonathan Nicholas February 5th, 2006 05:33 PM

Or do it for free within premiere!

Saturnin Kondratiew February 5th, 2006 09:55 PM

yah i'm going to try it tomorra, see what i can come up with, thanx guys

Jimmy McKenzie February 6th, 2006 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Nicholas
Or do it for free within premiere!

I agree.
I will offer this as a mild counterpoint: Once you are ready to explore a huge new set of creative possibilities and dive into AE or similar program, you will quickly see and use Premiere as an assembly and export tool; Daunting are these programs that utilize animated cameras, lights and assets ... but the pain is worth it.

James Emory February 19th, 2006 07:56 AM

You can do this in Premiere by using a blur filter or the stretch transition. Using fast blur, gaussian blur, or directional blur, just choose the amount of blur, then the direction, then key frame the end of the first clip to blur in and then the beginning of the second clip to blur out. If using the stretch transition you probably won't have as much control over the blurriness but it will produce the stretch in and out effect. To control the amount of blur more precisely, you could make some composite blurred clips and then use them with the stretch transition.