DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Scene detect (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/61108-scene-detect.html)

Paul Gallagher February 20th, 2006 11:51 AM

Scene detect

When capturing footage in premiere pro 1.5, and I tick the scene detect, how do you see where the detected scenes are.
In Pinnacle liquid 6 it will put all the clips at every start/stop record point onto the timeline with the cuts in place so you can shorten the parts to get enough footage for a transition.
Can pp do this or at least put chapter points on the timeline so I know by looking at the footage were I start/stopped recording.
I hope this makes sense.
This forum has been a great help to me in the past so I hope someone can help me out.
Paul

Trond Saetre February 20th, 2006 12:55 PM

In Premiere Pro, the different scenes will be saved as separate and numbered files in the folder you specify.
They will all show up in the bin after the capture is done.

Paul Gallagher February 20th, 2006 12:59 PM

Its not doing that.
I will try and capture the tape again and swith on the scene detect before I start to capture, I was in the middle of the tape when I turned it on the first time.
Thanks Trond

Trond Saetre February 20th, 2006 01:03 PM

It shouldn't matter if you were in the beginning of, in the middle of, or near the end of the tape when you start capture. I do that all the time.
But the scene detect must be ticked before you start the capture session.
You can not change it during capture.

Paul Gallagher February 20th, 2006 01:06 PM

I just tried it there with 4 breaks in the tape and its still on the 1 clip.
Do you need to create a seperate bin for the scenes and if so how do you tell premiere to send them to it?
Paul

Paul Gallagher February 20th, 2006 01:18 PM

Do you always have to mark an in and out point, it seems to be doing it now?
Paul

Trond Saetre February 20th, 2006 01:27 PM

No, I usually only use one single bin. (the default one)
And I have set Premiere to put the different clips/files in the same folder as my project folder.

Oh and by the way, if there are breaks of unrecoded areas on the tape, the capture will most likely stop a few seconds after reaching that spot.

In and out points:
No, I do not mark them. I put the tape where I want to start capture, and then I stop the capture after the last clip I want.
But you can also just set the in and out points if you already know the timecode for those. (I have not done that myself yet)

Paul Gallagher February 20th, 2006 03:40 PM

Thanks so much for your help Trond, but it only seems to work now for me when I mark an in and out point for the whole tape, but it works so I'll just stick with this method now.
Paul

Trond Saetre February 20th, 2006 03:53 PM

It sounds like you have some problems with your software.
I would try to uninstall and install it again, to see if that helps.
(If you do that, your project files will remain untouched, so you will not lose your work.)