DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Sony HDV and Premiere Pro (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/62020-sony-hdv-premiere-pro.html)

Joel Corral December 6th, 2004 12:30 PM

Sony HDV and Premiere Pro

Can't Use the HDR-FX1 for DV R/T Previews from premiere pro time line!

can anyone else use it as a DV device for real time previews?

with my Canon GL2 i can so i figured the HDR-FX1 was capable of this. maybe my settings are wrong in the HDR-FX1's setup menu?

can anyone shed some light on this for me?

thanks

joel

Barry Green December 6th, 2004 01:25 PM

You certainly should be able to. The FX1 is fully DV-compliant and will accept a DV stream from an NLE. Make sure you configure in the menus that you want the firewire port to input a DV stream... look at the LED on the side of the connector, if it's lighting up next to HDV then that's the problem.

Joel Corral December 6th, 2004 02:23 PM

ok ill check that. what other settings might i want to check for?

Barry Green December 6th, 2004 04:04 PM

Not much. Just set the camera in VCR mode, and make sure the port LED says "DV" and not "HDV". Other than that it should work.

Joel Corral December 6th, 2004 06:34 PM

well i tried everything. and no R/T preview. i wonder if there is something wrong with my camera.

Daniel Deck December 6th, 2004 08:41 PM

Up until a few minutes ago, I had not tried DV off of my FX-1. But I just did, set the FX-1 menu "VCR HDV/DV' to "DV", my computer with XP Pro SP2 recognized the camera, and then opened Premiere Pro. I went into "Edit"/ "Preferences"/ "Device Control"/"Options, and under "Device Type" I chose "Standard" because the FX-1 is not listed. Then captured a clip, dragged to the timeline, and everything works perfect. Has realtime preview same as my TRV-900 did. Hope this helps.

Joel Corral December 6th, 2004 08:53 PM

thanks daniel for the reply.

daniel,
when you go to the menu and switch from HDV to DV do you get a message at the bottom that say something like; - changes not allowed. unplug i.link cable.

i get this my i.link is not connected and i get this. the light changes from hdv to dv but i dont get playback from my timeline in premiere.

oh yeah and windows xp sp2 does read the camera as well.

Joel Corral December 6th, 2004 11:50 PM

problem solved! i just had to reboot. see what happened was i originally was using my gl2 for capture and playback and decided to capture from my hdr-fx1 thats when i realized that the dv device play back feature wasn't working. (but the gl2 was). i guess in order to change between dv devices you need to reboot. i don't know if thats a windows problem or my firewire card. nun - the - less it solved it. so if any of you decide to switch between dv devices and experence problems the solution might be to reboot!

Rafael Lopes March 3rd, 2006 02:08 PM

FX1 and Premiere Pro 2

Hi,

I was using Aspect Hd to capture the FX1 footage but the demo finished. Now I've been trying to capture HDV footage with premiere but the FX1 doesn't apear in the Sony Device Type. What I do is:
Device control: DV/HDV Device Control
Then I go to options
Video standar: Pal
Device Brand: Sony (I tried with Generic too)
Then on "Device type" the FX1 doesn't apear (I tried standard and alternate1 too)

The weirdest thing is that with these settings I can control the camera via firewire but I don't see anything (black screen). I thought it could be because the camera was in "auto" (DV/HDV) and I set it to HDV but the exact same thing happens.

Aspect HD is very nice but right now I can't afford to spend 400 bucks and I need to be able to edit HDV. Any suggestions?

Chris Barcellos March 3rd, 2006 02:40 PM

Try this:

1. Make sure you are connected via firewire, obviously.

2. On your camera, turn on by selectng switch to VCR

3. On your camera, select menu then in/out rec. Select i.link conv. Make sure it is set to off, otherwise, the camera will down convert to SD over firewire, and your HDV capture will not show anything but dark screen.

3. Open Adobe PP 2.0. Make sure when you open a new project and you select Adobe HDV 1080i30 (Sony 60i).

4. Start capture process. On my set up the, I have to monitor capture on camera LCD. So be sure it is open. If you are still not able to capture-- uninstall and reinstall PP 2.0

Rafael Lopes March 3rd, 2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
Try this:

1. Make sure you are connected via firewire, obviously.

2. On your camera, turn on by selectng switch to VCR

3. On your camera, select menu then in/out rec. Select i.link conv. Make sure it is set to off, otherwise, the camera will down convert to SD over firewire, and your HDV capture will not show anything but dark screen.

3. Open Adobe PP 2.0. Make sure when you open a new project and you select Adobe HDV 1080i30 (Sony 60i).

4. Start capture process. On my set up the, I have to monitor capture on camera LCD. So be sure it is open. If you are still not able to capture-- uninstall and reinstall PP 2.0

The problem is that when I select that option I cannot capture via firewire. It was to be "Capture Format: Adobe HD-SDI Capture"

Chris Barcellos March 3rd, 2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafael Lopes
The problem is that when I select that option I cannot capture via firewire. It was to be "Capture Format: Adobe HD-SDI Capture"

Adobe HD-SDI Capture is not the right format. Go lower on the list of presets when you start up, and select Adobe HDV--- Wait a minute--- it occurs to me you may be using PP2.0 Trial version- it does not include HDV preset. I complained about that a few months ago-- but it is a licensing issue.

Frank Werner March 7th, 2006 05:08 AM

Deinterlacing Premiere Pro 2.0 versus DVFilm

I'm trying to edit 1080i footage for the Internet, as this footage is shown on PC Monitors the interlace artifacts are seen very much. I convert the Movie to 960x540 resolution. As i have the FX1 since about 4 days I'm still experimenting. The easiest way I found is simply to drop the Interlace Filter in Premiere Pro on the complete timeline. But i have the slight :-) idea that there might be better and higher quality methods to do that. I discovered DV Film and wanted to know if the results are really better then the deinterlace Filter of Premiere Pro. Pro DVFilm: Everybody is saying its the best since sliced bread. Against DV Film: Its an Additional Workflow step and doesn't this step recompress the MPEG2 again and its a loss of quality? And how good is the Premiere Pro 2.0 quality compared with 1.5 (as I find only comparisons with Premiere 1.5 as 2.0 is relatively new.

And If i get 24 or 25 frames per second is not important for the Web, so I could live very easily with 25 fps.

thanks for any hints.

Frank

Tomas Chinchilla March 7th, 2006 06:48 AM

I am a Mac User and a FX1 OWNER, I use DVFilm to do 24p conversions mainly.

DVFilm saves you tons of time while editing because you don\'t have to apply any de-interlace to the timeline, and its rather quick in doing its job. I have also found that JOE\'s Filters gives me slightly, just slightly better quality but then again, TIME.

Don\'t know about premiere.

Tomas Chinchilla March 7th, 2006 06:48 AM

Somehow it double posted!