DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Importing 30P DV project in Premiere Pro 2? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/64257-importing-30p-dv-project-premiere-pro-2-a.html)

Jeff Baker April 3rd, 2006 11:20 AM

Importing 30P DV project in Premiere Pro 2?

I have a project that I De-interlaced in After Effects (magic bullet) to a 30p 720x480 4:3 aspect MS DV codec avi file.

I am not able to import it back into Premeire Pro 2 however. I can't find any setting for a new project that will allow me to setup for 30p. The DV codec project settings all seem to force a Lower Field First setup.

Is there anyway around this? I need to make some changes and I don't really have the time to run the project thru magic bullet again (very slow).

Graham Hickling April 3rd, 2006 06:51 PM

You can export deinterlaced footage from a PPro DV project (there's a check-box for that option). So if you import your 30p, and then after editing export it with "deinterlaced" checked, then does that essentially get you where you want to be?

Jeff Baker April 3rd, 2006 07:13 PM

Sounds like that might work. Let the footage be Premeire think it's interlaced footage if it wants to and just make sure it is set as deinterlaced on export. Now how can I be sure that premiere will not re-render the already deinterlace footage? Ow, now I'm getting dizzy...

Graham Hickling April 3rd, 2006 07:22 PM

Yeah...I'm not sure about the rerendering bit myself.

What output are you heading for? Progressive DV? (Because if it is anything else, it's going to get recompressed during export anyway....)

Jeff Baker April 3rd, 2006 10:06 PM

I usually frameserve from premiere using Debugmodes exporter and then I will encode it for DVD (I don't like premiere's encoder). But I would also like to print a copy out to tape however I think I am stuck with getting interlaced footage again when I do that.

Wes Coughlin April 6th, 2006 08:09 AM

In premeire pro 1.5 when making a new project you can choose from presents of interlace options or go to custome settings and choose exactly what you want, such as; field options (interlace or none), frame size, fps etc... this is how i edit and work with 30p.

Jeff Baker April 6th, 2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes Coughlin
In premeire pro 1.5 when making a new project you can choose from presents of interlace options or go to custome settings and choose exactly what you want, such as; field options (interlace or none), frame size, fps etc... this is how i edit and work with 30p.

These options seem to be gone in Prem Pro 2 unless someone can enlighten me as to where they went.

Jad Meouchy April 16th, 2006 08:57 PM

The options should still be there. When creating a new project, you select the tab "Custom Settings" and then here is the trick: select 'Desktop' from the Editing Mode dropdown. This will allow you to specify a number of parameters like pixel ratio, fields, and timebase.

Jeff Baker April 18th, 2006 12:49 AM

Thanks! That explains why prem pro 2.0 opens older projects in "Desktop Mode".

Now just what does destop mode mean?