Is Premiere really THAT bad? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 29th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #61
Major Player

i've been editing a pretty big project with both 60i and 24p footage, i actually made a post about it long time ago and bout the work around i had to figure out so i could use both 24p/60i on same timeline.

YES 24p on a 60I timeline is screwd.
YES 60i on a 24p timeline will work if an effect such as CC is added to the 60i footage.

not sure what the big problem is here guys, lol.
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 05:31 AM   #62
Inner Circle

I do not understand your point.
you tell us that premiere 1.5 is the only program not to work as you need.
-So use one of these many other, especially you mentioned you got 2 of them.

Then a partial answer has been provided to you(upgrade to PP2).
again you ignored this advice and nailed about silly thing about PP 1.5 support and free patch and so on...
As far As i know the numerous version of MAC OS upgrades always have been the answer to the "it dos not work" question. And there were not free.
And sometime the upgrade make it even worse.
And i do not know real professional application that has free upgrade on major version change. So you make a wrong trial to Adobe.

And finally if you are so convinced that premiere 1.5 is not what you need, do you think your long arguing on this forum will change anything ?
An if finally the message is to tell us how great it FCP, i think we got the message.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 03:38 PM   #63
Trustee

Uhhh... project was already loaded in Premiere... tapes were gone, I had to use Premiere to do it... Again, this is not an upgrade or 24p issue, it is an admitted BUG that Adobe never fixed, call them if you like. My issue is that a company would leave a $500 program with an unaddressed bug. This is not a niche issue, check the adobe forums! Many people left adobe for Vegas!

All I wanted to do was edit 29.97 footage in a 29.97 timeline, the BUG was that PP 1.5 incorrectly interpreted the 29.97 footage as 24P 2:3:3:2 and incorrectly built the "C" frame, meaning every had to be rendered and it looked TERRIBLE. You can work in a 24P timeline but no edit can start on the "C" frame... that is the workaround. As stated a billion times, this is a bug that ONLY PP 1.5 has... no other program that will edit DV exhibits the issue. I cant make it any clearer.

I use all edit platforms (as editor or producer), FCP, Premiere, Vegas, Avid... they all have pluses and minuses, there is not one that is THE best. Prem Pro 2.0 is vastly improved over 1.5, especially when it comes to handling various formats where it HAS been dead last!

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 03:44 PM   #64
Major Player

i dont mean to be beating on a dead horse but how the hell can pro 1.5 screw up 29 footage on a 29 timeline???? i've been using pro 1.5 for a few years and never had that issue.
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 04:13 PM   #65
Trustee

And why didn't you just tell it to interpret the footage as 29.97?
Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:34 PM   #66
Trustee

I am not sure why this is so hard to understand. If you shoot 2:3 pulldown where the 24p is wrapped in a normal 29.97 stream, Premiere incorrectly will see this as 24P 2:3:3:2 footage. If you force premiere to see it as 29.97, it will improperly interpret it and the speed will be off. 24P footage with IN CAMERA pull-up is no different than regular 60i footage, PP 1.5 has a bug that improperly interprets the 29.97 footage as 2:3:3:2 24P footage... As noted a million times now, PP 1.5 is the only editor that does this.

ash =o)
Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:41 PM   #67
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Greyson
Uhhh... project was already loaded in Premiere... tapes were gone, I had to use Premiere to do it... Again, this is not an upgrade or 24p issue, it is an admitted BUG that Adobe never fixed, call them if you like. My issue is that a company would leave a $500 program
It's $850 :-)
Old May 2nd, 2006, 07:24 PM   #68
Trustee

So upgrade already. I'm sorry Ash. I just don't see the point in complaining about outdated software. We all site around and bitch about software, Adobe fixes it. So it is time to complain about new stuff.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:16 PM   #69
Trustee

If you read everything you will see I did get an upgrade for free from Adobe =o) All I can figure is that very very few DVX and XL2 users are using PP 1.5 because it does not play well with the 2:3 footage those cameras use. For the very last time, this was a known and admitted bug that was never addressed by Adobe. And for the very last time, PP 1.5 is the only DV editor that will not handle 2:3 footage. They never found a way to fix it via a patch... if you want that feature either use PP 1.0 or PP 2.0

ash =o)
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #70
Major Player

Questions about PPro ???

1. Is it just me being thick and has everyone else found a way of relating the DVD reference numbers in the PPro 1.5 Index of the Studio Techniques Manual to the accompanying DVD? Total Training Videos for 1.5 don't help me much on that subject either.
2. Did anyone else notice that the same Manual ignores the basics of exporting and so does the DVD? That's 500 pages + User Guide Supplement + 11 hours of JR on video missing or obscuring fundamental aspects of How to manage Output.
Oh yes, they are covered in the 2003 edition of PPro, but how does one become inspired to discover that? It took me bloody hours over several months!

3. I wonder what's the story with PPro 2 Manuals on these points? It's ok for you who have been at this for years but for beginners like me it seems to amount to arrogance.
Brendan Marnell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite