DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   How to create a Reverb sound for fast rewinding clip (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/65664-how-create-reverb-sound-fast-rewinding-clip.html)

Michael Claerbout April 22nd, 2006 05:42 AM

How to create a Reverb sound for fast rewinding clip

Hi all,

At the moment i am in post production of my short movie and i have a scene were somebody gets hit by a car, and then the scene rewinds very fast to start all over again. For this scene i would love to use a reverb sound. sound being suckt away, if you know what i mean, its hard to explain. I have found an example on the soundtrack of "lost highway" called videodrones - questions at the very end of that song. But it is way to short for my purpose and extending it sounds crappy.

Does anybody know were i could find such a sound, ore even make my own?

Thank you in advance,

Greets

Michaël.

Peter Jefferson April 22nd, 2006 07:53 AM

dude, email me the wave form, or even better, a WMV file with the audio embedded, as well as a .Wav of the effect... in stereo if possible

I'll use the video as refernce to positioning, but I have afew little tricks i use... ;) and If i told u i'd have to kill you...

djpadre@hotmail.com

PS- i been audio post production for 11 years.. and have done a scene very similar to this... :)

Peter Jefferson April 22nd, 2006 10:50 AM

not what i expected it to sound like.. as a rewind kinda thing.. i woulda used a tape playback sample or a sample a record as i start to play it backwards and speed it up...

either way, ive done about 3 different variations, all using Timewaorks mastering reverb, as well as Beatmodels Optiverb. the one numbered 2 also have some slight chorus in there

oh and ive trimmed of the poppy glitch in the begining

check ur email :)

Michael Claerbout April 22nd, 2006 11:31 AM

Hé Peter sound cool,

but i understand why you would op for a different kind of sound, but the fact is i didn't find that kind of rewinding sound.

If you would have one, i would love to hear it !

Thanks again for the great work!

greets,

Michaël.

Peter Jefferson April 22nd, 2006 08:06 PM

ill see if ive got one in my database here, itll take some fishing to find..

if nto ill hae ot on e of my archives.. how soon do u need it??

Steve House April 22nd, 2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Claerbout
Hi all,

At the moment i am in post production of my short movie and i have a scene were somebody gets hit by a car, and then the scene rewinds very fast to start all over again. For this scene i would love to use a reverb sound. sound being suckt away, if you know what i mean, its hard to explain. I have found an example on the soundtrack of "lost highway" called videodrones - questions at the very end of that song. But it is way to short for my purpose and extending it sounds crappy.

Does anybody know were i could find such a sound, ore even make my own?

Thank you in advance,

Greets

Michaël.

How about recording slamming a hammer into a large diameter old-fashioned cast-iron frying pan, then reversing the track and playing it bask to front?

Greg Boston April 22nd, 2006 10:48 PM

Use a rewinding tape sound and apply 'reverse reverb' to it. This is what I think you're after based on your description. Reverse reverb has this sort of crescendo after the main sound with a sudden stop as though the sound just caught up with you and came to a screeching halt.

-gb-

Glenn Davidson April 22nd, 2006 10:59 PM

www.sounddogs.com might help. I am working on a project now and log on to the dogs and download the SFX I need. It is quick and easy, I am sure they have the recorder rewind SFX. Also, Final Cut Studio has a bunch of SFX and mood music loops. I was trying to find a SFX on my drive and came across hundreds of cools efx in the library. I was amazed.

Michael Claerbout April 23rd, 2006 05:12 AM

Thanks for the reply,

Peter,

i need to finish this wednesday

for the moment i'm using your 4 reverbsound, and it sounds good
but it doesn't end rapid, not like in the original version.
Wich is not bad actually, but its nice to have a wide selection
so if you find something new let me know!

Steve,

What a nice idea, i might have a go at that.
if i find a frying pan to bang on :-)

thanks !

Greg,

your almost totally right, its hard to explain, and even more difficult
in another language. but as you said; its a reverb sound with a sudden stop.
i don't know if it has to be a rewinding tape sound. It just has to sound
like your being suckt in. They used this effect in alot of films actually,
like The Cube, Lost highway, ...

Thanks for the reply!

Glenn,

thanks for the reply, i have found sounddogs in the past, but i thought you
had to pay for this service. And i'm trying to avoid paying, i already have
a large soundbank from the BBC and other, but i din't find this reverb sound.
Oh and i work in Premiere, and unfortunatly they don't give you effects :-(

Thanks for the reply!

Greets Michaël.