DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   PPro 2.0 and Magic bullet? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/65826-ppro-2-0-magic-bullet.html)

Bruce S. Yarock April 24th, 2006 12:42 PM

PPro 2.0 and Magic bullet?

We just upgraded to Premier Pro 2.0 and notice that the Magic Bullet plug-in (that used to be in PPro 1.5) is not available anymore. We called tech support and they said that we would have to get it from the software co. (Red Giant).

We went on the Red Giant page and there's nothing about PPro 2.0 compatability.

Is anyone using M.B. in PPro 2? Or is there another similiar program for different looks and film look?

Thanks,

Bruce S. Yarock

Kevin Janisch April 24th, 2006 01:14 PM

I believe you can just find the .aex file under Premiere Pro 1.5 in the plugin folder and copy it to PrPro 2.0's plugin folder. I did the same with the steadymove plugin and it worked fine. If it isn't an .aex plugin, try reinstalling it.

Bruce S. Yarock April 24th, 2006 01:17 PM

Kevin,
We tried that and it didn't work. The tech supprot guy at Adobe also said that 2.0 doesn't support that plug in.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
Bruce Yarock

Lloyd Coleman April 24th, 2006 01:59 PM

I am using the Movie Looks plug-in with Premiere Pro 2.0 and it works just fine. I remember that I had a problem at first, but think the update on the Red Giant update page is what fixed it for me. You can dowload it here:
http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/updates.html
If that doesn't fix it for you, post back and I will try and rember what I did that made it work.

Good luck,

Lloyd Coleman

Graham Hickling April 24th, 2006 02:28 PM

This is Magic Bullet "Editors" you are referring to, right?

If so, it works fine in PPro2.0. I simply installed it the usual way ... did nothing special. Odd that the guy at Adobe made the statement he did.

Lloyd Coleman April 24th, 2006 02:55 PM

I am referring to the Magic Bullet 'Movie Looks' plug-in that came free with PPro 1.5. I think it is a stipped down version of the 'Editors' product. It came with about 5 pre-set looks and then I downloaded about 5 more free ones.

Chris Barcellos April 24th, 2006 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce S. Yarock
We just upgraded to Premier Pro 2.0 and notice that the Magic Bullet plug-in (that used to be in PPro 1.5) is not available anymore. We called tech support and they said that we would have to get it from the software co. (Red Giant).

We went on the Red Giant page and there's nothing about PPro 2.0 compatability.

Is anyone using M.B. in PPro 2? Or is there another similiar program for different looks and film look?

Thanks,

Bruce S. Yarock

I noticed this too. Best work around is to leave 1.51 on system, edit your scenes in 2.0, render, open in 1.51 and add your film filter. I think I found myself doing that in 1.51 anyway.

Lloyd Coleman April 24th, 2006 04:44 PM

Chris, you could use the workaround or just download the fix and not have to use a workaround. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am currently using the plug-in in PPro 2.0 without any problems.

Bruce S. Yarock April 24th, 2006 07:16 PM

We downloaded the update and even though it shows up correctly in the plug-in's folder of PPro 2.0, it does not show up under video effects when you open the program.

Will try Chris's workaround.

Thanks,

Bruce Yarock

Bruce S. Yarock April 25th, 2006 07:25 AM

let me further clarify our situation.
1-We never bought the complete program (Magic Bullet), but rather used the free version that came with ppro 1.5.
2-The main reason we up graded to 2.0 was for editing hd.
3- I had captured some footage in hdv from a Sony Z1, and did some minor editing in 2.0. It worked fine, but then I wanted to try some of the "film looks" that were available in 1.5.
4- At tha point we realized that MB wasn't available in 2.0 and called tech support at Adobe ( who advised us that it wasn't available in 2.0).
5-We tried Chris's work around (render in 2.0, then bring footage into the 1.5 timeline and apply MB there).
6- We realized that the workaround would be fine if we were editing in SD, but inHDv it didn't work in 1.5 ( When we rendered the avi from the hd timeline in 2.0, it down graded it to standard).
7- We also downloaded the fix from Red Giant,and moved it into the plug ins folder in 2.0, but MB still wouldn't come up in the effects section of 2.0

So...would MB work in ppro 2.0 if we bought the entire editor program?
Thanks again
Bruce S. Yarock

Graham Hickling April 25th, 2006 04:35 PM

> So...would MB work in ppro 2.0 if we bought the entire editor program?

MB Editors 2.0 is working fine for me in PPro2.0. I'm using it on Sony 1080i HDV footage that has been transcoded into Cineform avi.