New DV Rack 1.2 update coming hopefully this week. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 25th, 2006, 01:27 PM   #16
Regular Crew

any word yet on update?

Karl
I really need that 709 color space to correctly set up my JVC cameras
any idea how much longer?
cheers
Pete
Peter Dolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #17
Serious Magic

Hi Pete,

Please send me your e-mail contact info, or e-mail dvracksupport@seriousmagic.com. We can probably provide a beta for you while we iron out this last issue. The known issue only affects continuous recording over an hour, so as long as that won't be a problem, the beta should work for you.
Karl Soule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:53 AM   #18
New Boot

I've been fooling around with dvRack and I like the app quite a bit. I did just purchase the M2 adapter for a shoot this July -- any chance of the new version being available by then? If not, I'd volunteer to test the beta.....
Dan Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 07:04 PM   #19
Regular Crew

And a tumbleweed rolls by.........
Anything on this update?

What bugs me is the demo version I downloaded does more than the HDV pack I purchased! :-)

Luckily my M2 has yet to show up, so I don't NEED the flip yet........yet (he said ominously)
John McGinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #20
Serious Magic

Hi John,

I understand your frustration. We are in a weird development state right now where the 1.2 demo version has cleared QA testing, but the full version has not. It's not something that you see that often, but it happens sometimes. Thanks for your patience - it shouldn't be much longer.
Old June 17th, 2006, 09:53 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Soule
Still in testing - hopefully very soon.
Hi Karl,

Is the requested feature to be able to import a video file also included in the upcoming update or beta? I'm willing to help beta testing.
I also have the 709 issue with my HD-100

Regards,

Marc Colemont
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #22
Serious Magic

It's here!

Hi Everyone,

The DV Rack 1.2 update just posted today. This is a free incremental update for all DV Rack and HDV users.

Here's a listing of the new features and fixes:

• New Feature: 1:1 Zoom: A new shortcut, CTRL+Z, has been added to zoom in so that the Field Monitor is line-accurate. That is, each line in the Field Monitor corresponds to one line of video. This provides the ideal zoom for critical focus. [For the absolute best image for critical focus purposes, set Visible Lines to All and make sure the Monitor Aspect is correct (1.333 for 4:3, 1.778 for 16:9). With HDV, also set MPEG Resolution to Full.] Other new keyboard shortcuts related to zoom control:
o Zoom In: SHIFT+Z
o Zoom Out: CTRL+SHIFT+Z

• New Feature: Display All Lines: DV Rack originally displayed only one field of interlaced DV. This update adds the option of showing both fields. The “Visible Lines” setting in the Field Monitor Menu controls this option. (This feature is new only to DV Rack and was already included in the HDV PowerPak)
NOTE: While displaying both fields improves resolution of static shots, which can help when focusing, it produces interlacing artifacts when there’s motion because computer displays are progressive, not interlaced.

• New Feature: Flip Mode: Allows the image in the Field Monitor (and the signal in Waveform Monitor) to be flipped horizontally, vertically, or in both dimensions. The “Flip Mode” setting in the Field Monitor menu controls this option. This was added at the request of Red Rock Micro M2 users.

• Feature Enhancement: Timecode support has been extended to QuickTime and AVI Type 1 formats. Timecode for QuickTime clips is compatible with Final Cut Pro and Avid, but not all other NLEs properly read the timecode for QuickTime clips. Timecode is not supported for HDV clips because HDV cameras do not transmit timecode via FireWire, so DV Rack does not have access to that data.

• New Feature: Color Space setting: In HDV Rack, the Field Monitor Menu now has a Color Space setting for forcing the color space of the Vectorscope and Spectra 60 to 601 or 709. Note that you will need to set this manually only if auto-detection fails, which happens with some brands of cameras that do not properly report their color space.

• Fixed: Occasional crashes on stopping recording clips longer than 1 hour.

Last edited by Karl Soule; June 29th, 2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old June 29th, 2006, 06:47 PM   #23
New Boot

Great news Karl. Thanks for the update.
Jay Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 02:22 AM   #24
Major Player

Great news Carl. I will use it right way today for a shoot.
Old June 30th, 2006, 02:48 AM   #25
Major Player

Hi Carl,

While working with the update I noticed that when the HDV rack is been preset into 709 color space, that the build-in color bar is still 601 colorspace. Is it possible to add a 709 color space colorbar in the next update?
It looks like the 'zoom' button on the HD field monitor doesn't do anything anymore. The Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Shft+Z works fine.

Cheers, Marc
Old June 30th, 2006, 09:13 AM   #26
Trustee

Thank you, Mr. Soule.
Old June 30th, 2006, 10:39 AM   #27
Serious Magic

The zoom button should work normally. When the zoom button is on, hold down SHIFT and drag up/down on the field monitor to set the level of zoom. Then let go of SHIFT and drag around to pan around the zoomed image.

It's possible that the last time you used the zoom button, you used the SHIFT/drag to zoom back out to 1:1. Try turning on the zoom button, and Shift/drag up or down.
Old June 30th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #28
Major Player

Yep you're right as always :-)
The new zoom functionallity comes in handy. Saves a lot of full screen Alt+Enter handlings to check focus.
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #29
Major Player

Quick operating question

When camera is slaved to DVRack, DVR starts recording when record is pressed on the camera. However it does no seem to stop when record, on the camera is pressed again. I do have it set to precapture for 30 seconds if that has any bearing.

Thanks

Jim
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 02:28 PM   #30
Serious Magic

Hi Jim,

Is this new behavior after the update, or has it been doing this for a while?

The DVR Slave to Cam function is highly dependent on the camera attached. It relies on a set of start/stop commands being sent down the FireWire cable, and the timecode information provided by the camera. In some cases, especially on Sony cameras, the camera only sends those commands if there is a tape in the camera.
Karl Soule is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite