DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   New DV Rack 1.2 update coming hopefully this week. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/66333-new-dv-rack-1-2-update-coming-hopefully-week.html)

Karl Soule April 30th, 2006 11:11 PM

New DV Rack 1.2 update coming hopefully this week.

The latest update for DV Rack 1.2 (due out this week) has a number of improvements and fixes, including:

· Timecode support for AVID Express DV, Final Cut Pro HD, Premiere Pro 1.5, and Vegas 6.0

· A 1:1 monitor zoom to quickly ensure your subject is in focus

· 180 degree horizontal AND vertical flip modes for users of lens adapters like the Redrock Micro M2 lens adapters.

Seth was asking in another thread about HDV Timecode. I'm waiting from word from the programmers for a definite answer. From what I know, the early JVC HDV cameras don't output timecode via the FireWire port live, so it may never be possible for DV Rack to record timecode from these cameras, since the HD-1 and HD-10 don't send it out live.

Sony addressed the HDV timecode problem by using a second timecode track, but according to a couple of industry experts, the timecode isn't always accurate, and can be off by as many frames as the GOP, if it can be read at all. JVC added a second track as well with the HD-100, so in theory, that camera should behave the same as the Sony FX1/Z1U.

Ian Stark May 1st, 2006 03:51 AM

Hope this doesn't sound TOO dumb, but what do you mean by 'timecode support'. What will this do to help me in Sony Vegas?

Thanks in advance for an answer that doesn't make me feel too much like an idiot!

Ian . . .

Ian Stark May 1st, 2006 03:52 AM

In fact, I guess I should also ask about the 1:1 monitor zoom as well!! What does THAT do?!

Karl Soule May 2nd, 2006 10:49 AM

Hi Ian,

Timecode support means that the live-record clips in DV Rack will have the same timecode as the tape in the camera. In the past, this only marginally worked, because different editing programs like to store the timecode data in different parts of the file. The new update makes sure that the timecode data can be read by the majority of editors, including Premiere, Premiere Pro, FCP, and Vegas.

The 1:1 monitor zoom is a keyboard shortcut for looking at the pixels in the image at 1:1 resolution. This is very useful for focus adjustments.

Mike Cavanaugh May 5th, 2006 03:13 PM

Will this upgrade be free (or cheap) to registered users of the current version?

Karl Soule May 5th, 2006 04:19 PM

1.2 is a free update. The DVCProHD Support later this summer will have a charge associated with it.

Hugh DiMauro May 8th, 2006 09:20 AM

Karl:

Will you post a direct link to the update here and/or will it update automatically when I open the program and click "search for updates"?

Thanks!

Karl Soule May 9th, 2006 10:41 AM

It'll be part of the automatic update system in the program For people without internet access on their DV Rack system, we'll also post a standalone update file here: http://www.seriousmagic.com/help/dvrackindex.cfm

Hugh DiMauro May 9th, 2006 10:48 AM

Thank you for taking the time, Karl.

Hugh DiMauro May 11th, 2006 05:12 AM

DELETED due to the extreme stupidity of the individual who had originally posted such nonsense. Sometimes, I amaze myself that I function at all!

Hart Boyd May 11th, 2006 05:43 AM

From what I can tell they have not release the update yet.

Karl Soule May 11th, 2006 10:17 AM

Hi Everyone,

The update is in the final stages of testing right now. It's taking a little longer than expected because we're testing a fix to a rare bug that only shows up when recording over an hour-long clip. There's no easy way to simulate this quickly - the only way to test is to record for an hour, stop, check the recording, record for another hour, stop, check, etc. Since the bug only manifests itself about every 18th record attempt, that's a minimum of 18 hours of recording, and we are doing a lot more than the minimum. It shouldn't be too much longer, though.

Hugh DiMauro May 12th, 2006 08:07 AM

Thanks for your hard work.

John McGinley May 23rd, 2006 02:25 PM

Any updated update on the update?

Karl Soule May 23rd, 2006 03:53 PM

Still in testing - hopefully very soon.