Panasonic P2HD and Premiere Pro - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 15th, 2007, 09:06 AM   #91
Trustee

Gary,

Shouldn't we be able to get "real-time" viewing with the BM-Intesity card to a preview monitor without using the Matrox RT card....
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 09:19 AM   #92
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Not sure if you'll get real-time output of P2 footage w/ Intensity. It should work, but we never tried it. Intensity & Intensity Pro are amazing cards that give you fantastic HDMI I/O.

Just to clarify. The RT.X2 doesn't give you real-time previews, it gives you real-time video editing. Many of us have forgotten how valuable this added performance can be. With DV computers have gotten do fast that real-time hardware isn't needed. With compressed HD formats (HDV, DVCProHD etc.) the RT.X2 adds a level of real-time features that can have a significant impact on your workflow.

Gary
Old October 15th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #93
Major Player

My understanding is that the Intensity card is not compatible with 24pNative footage.

Not certain, but that's what I recall being told in response to a question.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:13 AM   #94
New Boot

I noticed in Dav's video that he was importing 1080i video from the P2. While he was importing the footage I looked and did not see the option to import 1080p. Does Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 work with 1080p?
Dan Eschenfelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:33 AM   #95
Major Player

Also, Cineform might be worth considering for your workflow with Premiere & P2... I'm honestly not sure how it works with P2 as I've never played with one, but it could make for a nice workflow for ya!

C
Carl Middleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:20 AM   #96
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Eschenfelder View Post
I noticed in Dav's video that he was importing 1080i video from the P2. While he was importing the footage I looked and did not see the option to import 1080p. Does Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 work with 1080p?
There is a DVCProHD 1080i 24p preset.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 06:52 PM   #97
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Bettan View Post
If you need additional performance beyond what Premiere Pro 3.1 will give you woth P2, you should check out Matrox RT.X2.

It will add a level of real-time editing to your workflow.
http://www.videoguys.com/Emails/rtx2-bun.html

Gary
This is true for 1080 HDV, but not DVCPRO HD 1080. The RT.X2 only goes as far as 720P with DVCPRO HD.

From the Matrox website:
• Native HDV 1080i, HDV 1080p, HDV 720p (JVC ProHD), Panasonic P2 MXF 720p, and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame HD editing
Brad Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2007, 10:21 AM   #98
Regular Crew

What would rendering times be like with the RTx2?
Rendering is the bain of the adage...time is money...arrrrgghhhhhh
Alan Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:38 AM   #99
Major Player

What about Glass Valley's (Canopus) EDIUS? I have been using it with great success to edit P2 / MXF files. It is totally seemless - just import the clips directly (no conversion, no rendering) into EDIUS BIN and everything is there, ready to be dragged to timeline.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite