Panasonic P2HD and Premiere Pro - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 4th, 2007, 12:01 PM   #76
Regular Crew

Do you have a link? Is it for the bootcamp side or the Mac side?
Dick Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #77
Regular Crew

They are bringing it back for Mac OSX Intel Machines only.
Old January 4th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #78
Major Player

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/01...php?lsrc=mcrss
Wade Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #79
Go Go Godzilla

You can download a Beta copy of Soundbooth for Intel-Macs on the Adobe labs site: http://labs.adobe.com. There is no Beta available for the Mac-Premeire but who knows, maybe they'll release one someday.

I've tried Soundbooth Beta and found it overly simplified; no sound shaping controls available (curves, time etc) but apparently that's not within the mission profile for Soundbooths' intended market.
Old February 10th, 2007, 07:15 AM   #80
Major Player

edit MXF natively in Premiere and Vegas!

Raylight came up with a great update, no more conversion between MXF and AVI is needed.
"New with release 2.02: plug-ins for both Adobe PremiereTM and Sony VegasTM to allow you to drag MXF files directly into the project!"

www.dvfilm.com
Andzei Matsukevits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2007, 07:28 AM   #81
Go Go Godzilla

Although not confirmed it's almost 95% sure that the upcoming versions of FCP, Avid and others will also be able to use MXF natively by NAB or at least announce the launch of such updates. In the meantime Raylight works for PC's, HD Log and P2 Log are my preferred trans-code converters for the Mac.
Old February 11th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #82
Regular Crew

Great news for Premiere users !
Vince Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:02 AM   #83
New Boot

How does Premiere work with P2?

hI,
I know that most of the people edit with finnal cut, but I have been working with Premier for years I now we are buying a HVX and we are thinking who will work premier and which level of PC we will need to work properly.
Thank you very much
Pablo
Pablo Lozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #84
Regular Crew

Hi Pablo,

There is an update coming to CS3 that makes PPro (CS3 only) P2 compatible.

It's not out yet, but it will be very soon.

-Brad
Brad Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:50 AM   #85
Major Player

This was announced several weeks ago at IBC.

I don't know whether it will be out "very soon" inasmuch as it was announced and hasn't shipped.

But it was announced.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #86
Major Player

I've used Adobe CS2 with HVX footage

for more than a year. As I understand it, the biggest difference between Adobe and other NLEs is that Adobe thus far does not like P2/mxf file format, so I use CineForm Aspect HD (and HDLink, when necessary). Aspect HD works as a plug-in to PPro2, while HDLink is a standalone program.

I shoot to P2, offload to a hard drive, then use HDLink to "Convert" the footage. I destine the converted footage to a separate folder, and I'm then ready to bring it in to PPro2. The conversion does add a few additional minutes to the time it takes to ingest, but is still impressively shorter than capturing tape.

Be aware there is other software named Raylight (Raylite?) that is either free or considerably less expensive than Aspect HD. I know that's used by lots of folks on this forum, and I've heard/read it does everything (or nearly so) that Aspect HD does.

Until whatever P2/mxf update to CS3 comes along, Raylight would probably be the least expensive option.

Once you get a good grip on the workflow, you may find yourself thinking you'll never go back to tape again.

Good luck...and enjoy.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 09:24 AM   #87
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

DAV’s TechTable by Dave HelmlyPrem Pro & P2

What’s New?

With the new Premiere Pro CS3 and the 3.1 update, you can now natively Ingest, Edit, and Export the Panasonic P2 format. All you need to do is to shoot your video and simply drag ,drop , and edit – it’s that easy. There is no need to transcode your video with an intermediate codec in order to use them on the timeline, and there are no AVI or Quicktime wrappers – just native P2 format.

Premiere Pro CS3 will actually allow you to edit directly on the P2 card. This means you can shoot your video and start making a quick rough cut on your laptop while going to your next shoot. Once you get back to your desktop Premiere Pro workstation, you can copy the P2 clips onto your desktop workstation and continue editing. For those of you with a Matrox Axio, you’ve been asking for a laptop based solution to use with your Axio and it’s finally here.

If you use or plan to buy any of the AJA or BlackMagic products, you’ll be pleasantly surprised with their support for Premiere Pro CS3 (v3.1) as well.
http://blogs.adobe.com/davtechtable/...and_p2_su.html

Gary
Old October 15th, 2007, 04:38 AM   #88
New Boot

What I need in my PC?

Thank you very much to all of you for your information.
Another question is what I need to move properly the 100 Mbs in my computer?
We are going to do a docu that will be 55 minutes, so we are worry how we can move of that data.
Thanks in advanced
Pablo
Pablo Lozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 05:32 AM   #89
Trustee

Just viewed the video "how to" over at Dave's site. Excellent integration by Adobe of P2.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #90
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

If you need additional performance beyond what Premiere Pro 3.1 will give you woth P2, you should check out Matrox RT.X2.

It will add a level of real-time editing to your workflow.
http://www.videoguys.com/Emails/rtx2-bun.html

Gary

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite