Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 19 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old March 30th, 2004, 06:20 AM   #271
New Boot

That is correct. As far as I know you can't get that done anymore in Premiere Pro.

However, if you're working on a dual monitor setup, why not just extend your desktop and drag the preview on the second monitor? Then you save your workspace so you don't have to do it every time.

It's a bit of extra work, but I'm happy with it. And hopefully they will add the overlay again in the next version.
Old March 30th, 2004, 01:32 PM   #272
Wrangler

Hi Johnny,

You might be able to save your project but you are going to have to change the resolution of your pictures.

For DV NTSC create and save it at a 720x540 frame size to prevent increases in the resolution or 640x480 to prevent field distortion on a field rendered file.

There is a help page about this in PPs help file. go search and type in square pixels.

Hope this helps,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:54 PM   #273
Trustee

I am pretty well known on the Adobe forums, and I help moderate the forums at http://www.wrigleyvideo.com. If you haven't dropped by my site at http://www.stevengotz.com/premiere you really ought to.

I just haven't posted here in a long time.

I can think of one more real bug that has yet to be addressed. But will be in the next revision. Adding many JPEGs or TGA or PSD files to a timeline can cause a problem. But only at certain sizes. Best to use TIF or one of many workarounds. I sent in over one hundred stills for Adobe to play with and they told me they found the problem.
Old March 30th, 2004, 03:14 PM   #274
Trustee

I believe that the $99 for only 4 hours is a waste of money in comparison to the great job Jacob Rosenberg did on the Total Training videos. For only $80 more, the Total Training is a slam dunk.

However, a new competitor, priced between the two, and presented by an Emmy award winning editor, is now available.

Take a look at http://www.classondemand.net/ClassOnDemand/Public/product.aspx?Product.formState=2&Product.ProductSelected=124

For only $149.95 you get Tim Kolb taking you through two real world projects.

Tim and Jacob are both great presenters. But if money is an issue, you could try Tim's with confidence.

However, if you also need After Effects training, the combo price at Total Training is unbeatable.
Old March 30th, 2004, 11:15 PM   #275
Obstreperous Rex

While I can't find fault in the suggestion to visit the official Adobe forums, I will say this. Many of our members feel most at home right here and may not feel like bothering with other online communities. After all, DV Info Net is the only video forum anywhere with a real-names-only policy, and maintains the most consistently fair moderation relative to its competitors. Frankly, we're the best at what we do. Not the biggest, not the loudest, but definitely the best in terms of a friendly community spirit, solid technical and creative information, and a "you're among good friends" atmosphere.

Are we the official Adobe Premiere forum? Nope, and we never will be. However, if it's a Premiere answer you're looking for -- or Vegas, or whatever -- we'll find it for you. In short, if you decide to look around elsewhere, you'll quickly find that nobody does an online community like we do, with a prevailing sense of mutual civility and fellowship in addition to all of the great information within. I'm very proud of that, and I know our dedicated members are as well. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old March 31st, 2004, 08:32 AM   #276
Trustee

Chris,

I don't know if you were responding to me, but I never suggested visiting the Adobe forums, I merely stated that I am well known there. It says "New Boot" by my name and I wanted to let people know who I am.

I understand your policies, and would normally avoid sending people off-site. But my site has a serious collection of links, and I imagine it could be useful to your members. And the tutorials on the wrigleyvideo site are worth a look.

I do appreciate the sense of community, and would never intentionally do anything to disrupt it in any way.
Old March 31st, 2004, 12:20 PM   #277
Regular Crew

putting text over video - title function?

I'm trying to put text over the video (having peoples names at the bottom of the screen over video of them). I know I have to use "new title" for this - but I don't see how to tell it to use the video as a background and not a color

thanks
Bret
Old March 31st, 2004, 12:54 PM   #278
Wrangler

Hi Bret,

This is how you do it:

Go file> new> title

Create your title and place your text where you want it to appear. Do not choose any other options.

Click on close (x) and save the title. It will now appear in your project bin.

Drag the title from the bin to video track 2 above your clip.

If you then play your timeline, the title should appear over your video in your preview monitor.

Does that help,

Ed

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old March 31st, 2004, 01:24 PM   #279
Regular Crew

LOL probably the one thing I didn't try

thanks - very easy
Old March 31st, 2004, 02:05 PM   #280
Major Player

I'm going to piggyback on what Ed said and just add that Premiere's top menu bar functions ("File," "Edit," "View," etc) will apply to the title window when it is open -- meaning you can Save a title while working on it (not just when closing it by clicking on the X) and access other functions via the menu bar.

And why do I add this comment? Because I worked with titling in Premiere 6.5 for months and months before I realized any of this. I don't think you're stupid, but you might just be as stupid as me :)
Old March 31st, 2004, 05:33 PM   #281
Regular Crew

^ cool. I didn't know that

thanks
Old March 31st, 2004, 07:43 PM   #282
Major Player

Premiere Movie Renderering is screwing the audio

Hey there, i dont know if anyone have the same problem, but when i finish editing and i export the movie into a .avi file, the audio is screw, i sounds like it was saturated, and in some points where the tones are too high, it sounds like a cat inside a can of pepsi.

Any ideas ?

The only way of solving it is exporting the audio in a .wav file, but it is screwing my work. it also happened in my 2 pcs where i have it installed.
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:33 PM   #283
Regular Crew

Kent hit the nail on the head. I lurk a lot on Curt Wrigley's site, and learned to do specific tasks in Premiere that were helpful, but the Total Training vids were well worth the money! Jacob Rosenberg was easy to follow and a great presenter that made me want to keep watching and learning (not quite sure I can say the same about Deke McClelland on the Photoshop CS series, but I'm trying).

The most helpful thing that I think I got from Jacob's instructions was proper workflow, along with useful keyboard shortcuts. Well worth the price, and I paid $200 when I purchased it. I believe it is considerably cheaper now.

Michael
Old March 31st, 2004, 11:50 PM   #284
Major Player

there is a effect called color match, it works for me, i had to match 3 diferent cameras, one of them was almost impossible but a sony, and my dvc80 matched with no trouble, also keep in mind that it works really fine if the white balance and the colometry of each cameras similar.
Old April 1st, 2004, 02:53 AM   #285
Wrangler

John,

I didn't know that either!!! You learn new things about this program everyday! I wonder if the same was in version 6?

Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite