Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 26 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old April 24th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #376
Regular Crew

Thanks for the relpy Jan.
Youre absolutely right about the black bars, I hadnt thought of that before. How do I crop them out?
The source is DV shot on an XL1- so thats not it.
That program you speak of, is it free? Where can I get it? Thanks!
Old April 24th, 2004, 10:18 AM   #377
Regular Crew

John is absolutely right, and it is confusing to word. I will try to repeat in case you dont understand. This is for PPro by the way, but i think it is the same for 6.5. The ripple delete takes an empty space in your project, and deletes it. All of your footage to the right of the CTI (current time indicator) will be pulled to the left to give you no breaks in the video. It is an excellent tool because you dont have to go and individually move clips down to get rid of a black space. If you were to have a track (usually an audio track) poking out past where your are try to ripple, it would not work, or at least only ripple to the edge of that audio clip (or whatever clip it is). The ripple will NEVER delete or change your edit, it will only get rid of blank space that may have been created while removing a clip.
Old April 24th, 2004, 10:48 AM   #378
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Well, I'm glad somebody said that. <g>

Have you noticed that the two primary tape manufacturers (Sony and Panasonic) each have "professional" recording formats (DVCAM and DVCPRO) that eat tape faster than "standard" formats?

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Old April 24th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #379
Regular Crew

WinMediaencoder can be found here!
It is free.
It has the opportunity to crop the video.
for PAL cropping with 48 of 576 and 60 of 720 is a good value resulting in a good optimal 3:4 picture of 352x264.
I dont know the good values for NTSC; but you will find them yourself with some calculation.

Where do the borders come from? Are they in the source? I thought I didn't see them in the title. But may be the title was misleading me.

Succes!
I am waiting to see the new result.
(I think a transferrate of 500kb to 750Kb must be more as sufficient. Higher speeds are difficult on a slow Internet.)
Old April 24th, 2004, 11:51 AM   #380
Wrangler

Sean, please do not post the same questions in multiple forums. I am going to close this thread, so that people do not get confused.

For anybody wishing to post a reply to this message please visit this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=25033

Thanks,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old April 24th, 2004, 12:17 PM   #381
Wrangler

Hi Edmond,

Most people are happy with the Mainconcept encoder with Premiere. I'm happy with it and have had no problems.

I use Sonic ReelDVD 3.0.3 its a great tool, once you get your head around it. If you don't want to spend that much then look at Sonic DVDit or the Ulead range. Do a search and you'll find information about them.

Let us know how it goes...

Ed

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old April 24th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #382
Regular Crew

Thanks again Jan. You know, I cant figure out where the bars are coming from. They are not in the source video. I am trying to determine if they have been encoded and you are downloading that information uselessly, or if they are just added by WMP or what. Its NTSC version if that makes any difference for you, but it shouldnt for me.
Anyways thanks for the link, I will try it out soon and see if I cant get a better video. Anyone have any results with Quicktime?
Old April 24th, 2004, 01:21 PM   #383
Wrangler

The Black border around the video frame is the underscan. In the end you'll never see them on a TV screen. However you will see them when encoding for web/CD etc, when viewed on a PC.

They are recorded when you record the image in your camera.

Cheers,

Ed

Old April 24th, 2004, 07:51 PM   #384
Major Player

thanks guys,
confusing as it sounds i think i got it.

Cheers,
Ben Gurvich
Old April 24th, 2004, 11:43 PM   #385
Regular Crew

Premiere 6 problem with XL1.

It's very likely I'm totally missing a very easy solution but I thought I'd run it by everyone here to see what I can do.

Setup is as follows:

Adobe Premiere 6.02
Canon XL1

When exporting to tape any project back to my XL1 it always wants to record in 12 bit audio mode. In premiere I have audio in the first two audio levels. I'm set up in A/B editing and draging from A to B causes the audio to move to the Audio 2 'lane'. What I'm thinking is that it's treating it as 4 different audio streams. Audio 1 R/L, and Audio 2 R/L. I want to export to tape in 16 bit stereo mode with both audio layers going to it.

I've looked through all the settings I can find in Premiere and the XL1 and have yet to find something. Can anyone help?
Old April 25th, 2004, 05:04 AM   #386
Wrangler

hi Jacob,

Are you running Premiere with any hardware, other than a firewire card?

Did you capture the material in at 12bits?

In the audio project settings is the rate set to 48000 Hz at 16bit stereo?

I can't remember whether v6 had the settings viewer? If it does it would be found in the Project tab and it will tell you if you have set anything to 12bits. You need to make sure that everything in the settings view is all the same. If everything in Premiere is set to 16bits, then you must have a setting wrong in the camera.

Double check that you have switched to 16bit in the XL1s menu?

Thanks,

Ed

Old April 25th, 2004, 04:33 PM   #387
Major Player

Default "system" fonts in Premiere 6.0?

I'm really just now getting to where think I know my way around Premiere 6.0 and this happens.

I tried to add a plugin for text effects. It didn't work. No problem, I thought, I'll just read up a little before trying it again. The next time I opened the program I get an error message that reads like this:

"The Adobe UI font could not be loaded. For best results, please exit the program and either install it or uninstall other fonts."

I click OK and move on. Now the font in which all my workspace text is written in has changed to this little bitty, hard to read font. Every place where there is text for controls, effects and so on. I hope that makes sense.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? It's driving me crazy.

Thanks for your help.
Old April 26th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #388
Regular Crew

TIFF stills to Movie

OK, this is probably really obvious (typical disclaimer) - but I've not figured it out. I exported a clip to TIFF files to play around with them in Photoshop. How do I get them back into PPro with the same timing, etc.?
Old April 26th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #389
Regular Crew

Thanks John (and all). I did finally find it. Also got Vixen to work. I like the vectorscope (shiny dials and lights and all). I'll play a bit to see if it's worth the money.
Old April 26th, 2004, 06:02 PM   #390
Regular Crew

Split-Screen in Adobe Premiere Pro

G'day,

I'm interested in creating split-screen effects in Adobe Premiere Pro but I don't just want static frames. I would like the visible part of the frame to change shape with the action. Does anyone know any good online resources or have personal experience in this area?

Thanks.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite