Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 34 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:23 PM   #496
Regular Crew

Well, as you point out - I was missing something obvious (you have to apply a transformation to the clip before you can see the keyframe dialog). Sigh.

"Twiddling", of course, is a very technical term for playing around with software to see if you can get it to do what you want. Currently, I'm stymied in a attempt to get a clip to go in reverse and then apply a transform (in this case the "transform" control).

I have taken a clip, given it the speed of "-100" to play in reverse. This works in preview and in output. I then placed a keyframe in the middle of the clip and tried to use the "transform" control to magnify and crop part of the image.

This does not seem to work. Premiere seems to just ignore it. If I perform the same operation on the clip without changing it's direction, it works as advertised and expected. I'm likely missing something fairly obvious again. It seems that whoever wrote Premier has a different concept of an intuitive user interface than I. I'm toying with the idea of switching NLE's but have a fair amount of time and money in Premiere so I'm going to keep plugging away until it makes sense. Had a similar problem with Photoshop years ago, now it works OK for me and what's left of my brain.

Thanks for the reply.... RG
Old May 24th, 2004, 05:51 AM   #497
New Boot

Jagged edges for titles created in PPro

As opposed to the titles I created in After Effects which are razor sharp...why is that?
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:11 AM   #498
Major Player

One fix is to export the clip you've reversed and then re-import it to replace the original. Then you should be able to carry on with additional twiddling. 8=)

David Hurdon
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:47 AM   #499
Regular Crew

That didn't do it I still can't get the black bars
I'm using a Sony dvr-70 (I'm pretty sure that's what it is I have premiere 6.0 and pro. I've filmed in widescreen using the option on the menu with the camera. Anyone know how to get the black bars to come up in the picture??
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:33 AM   #500
New Boot

Given that some of you now have the software installed, what features were you most looking forward to and have you been disappointed in how they were implemented? The flip side of that is what new features were you not expecting but now are finding them invaluable? I realize this is kind of sudden since Premier Pro 1.5 just began shipping last week but I am curious of everyone's first impressions. I plan to order my upgrade soon if nothing else just so that I can have a mores stable environment. Premier Pro 1.0 has been crashing lately when I have been dealing with large projects using lots of transitions and different media types.

Jeff
Old May 24th, 2004, 01:18 PM   #501
New Boot

0 -1 ...

hi,

can someone help me with this: when i open my project, the entire timeline is disappeared. the names of my clips are renamed in -1 an 0...which means i've lost everything. i heard something about a wrong way of capturing audio (44 khz instead of 48 khz for mp3 converting). is this possible?

thanx
lukah
Old May 24th, 2004, 02:24 PM   #502
New Boot

notebook editing

hi,

i wonder if it's a good idea to buy a notebook for editing (premiere) my filmwork. 2.4 ghz and 512 ram?? maybe i can connect an external hard disc or is it too risky to do my post- production on a notebook?

thanx,
lukah
Old May 24th, 2004, 03:00 PM   #503
Regular Crew

Thought about that - it should work. Not particulary elegant, although I'm not sure I worry about that given some of the other things I tend to do.

I was hoping to avoid a multiple step process since this particular manipulation (running backwards and doing the transform) is something I would do on an intermittent basis). Perhaps not.
Old May 24th, 2004, 05:28 PM   #504
Regular Crew

G'day Lukah,

I have a P4 with HT Laptop with 1GB RAM, internal 80GB HDD for apps, external 250GB HDD connected via USB2.0 for video files and an ATI Raideon 9600 graphics card. I use Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects 6, Audition and Encore.

I'm getting superb results using this system and find I have plenty of workspace on my 15 Inch screen at 1400 x 1050 res.

It's a very expensive system, but in my opinion the ease of movement and small pack-up size makes up for this. If you are going to be moving a lot or doing a lot of editing and capturing in the field then a high-end laptop is a great, yet expensive solution. Only buy a laptop for editing if you require a higher level of mobility.

Shane.
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #505
Major Player

grain in post

I recently shot a wedding that prohibited the use of onboard lights(shot with GL2). Refusing to drop the shutter, I have some mild to severe grain. I was wondering what options, if any, I have for getting it out in adobie pro. Thanks for any advice

John DeLuca
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:33 AM   #506
RED Code Chef

Please supply us with some more information:

1) version of Premiere (exact version -> see about box)

2) operating system you are using

3) system layout. Are those clips and project files on the same harddisk / partition. Is it on an external harddisk?

4) tried rebooting the PC?

5) what camera did you use and how did you capture

etc.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:40 AM   #507
Regular Crew

Check out this link:

http://www.digitalvideofuel.com/PreFix.htm

It is the fix for your problem. Good luck! Also, if this doesn't work, you can try to restore an achived file (Fernando's fix is a better solution, however, because you won't lose any work)
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:07 PM   #508
Regular Crew

Okay if I film in 16:9 on my Sony and then import it and edit it on Premiere Pro and put it out to a 16:9 DVD using Premiere Pro will the black bars show up??
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:15 PM   #509
Wrangler

Kyle,

Are you sure you selected maintain aspect ratio on the clip in the timeline? If you check the properties of the clip does it say 16x9? If I remember rightly there was a bug related to aspect ratio in P6, but I believe it was fixed in 6.5 and pro?

If you put the 16x9 footage straight into a 16x9 DVD then on a widescreen TV, it will fill the whole screen. If you preview it on a 4x3 TV, and your DVD player supports it then it should have black bars top and bottom.

If what I mentioned before is not working, then you can apply the transform filter, and squish the picture manually. If you just want black bars and you are not worried about the footage looking vertically squished, then you can apply a widesreen matte from adobes title designer.

Topics on this sort of subject has appeared before, try a search and see what results come back.

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old May 25th, 2004, 03:56 PM   #510
New Boot

thanx!

lukah
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite